Cerwin Vega Stroker Subs

ditbu13oi

Reaction score
Anyone ever tried or heard of the CV stroker subs? I am getting one soon and just want some feedback about it.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
you getting it new? how much? where from? hell i havent heard their name in a few years..thought they went under or something.

NINaudio

Reaction score
I haven't heard of them in a while either. from what I remember the strokers were more of an spl sub than an sq sub. That's about all I know about them...

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Are you getting a 10", 12" or 15"? The regular Stroker is a pretty serious sub, I hope you have enough amp to power that beast. 2000 watts RMS!!

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Cerwin Vega Strokers...awesome subs, massive subs..used to be the top of the line for competition back in the day..still a beast to this day..

ditbu13oi

Reaction score
I got my sub installed 2 weeks ago. LOVE IT. The sub hits so hard that my rear view mirror slowly goes down. haha. I grabbed one on ebay for 245 shipped. This sucker takes a lot of juice though.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The Stroker is adjustable and yeah, hope you have enough amp power and battery power to deal with that bad boy.

One of the best SPL Competition subs ever made, will hold it's own against any SPL sub. It was a WAY ahead of it's time technology, and is still widely used in competition's today. Nice purchase, hope you have it tuned right as well.

Are you planning on getting it rated(SPL rated)?

ditbu13oi

Reaction score
The Stroker is adjustable and yeah, hope you have enough amp power and battery power to deal with that bad boy.

One of the best SPL Competition subs ever made, will hold it's own against any SPL sub. It was a WAY ahead of it's time technology, and is still widely used in competition's today. Nice purchase, hope you have it tuned right as well.

Are you planning on getting it rated(SPL rated)?

Rated? Don't know what that is but I just plan to use just for my entertainment purposes. I need to get a new amp though. I'm using my friend's Rockford right now. Any suggestions for amp?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
By "rated", i mean if you are going to find out how many db's(decibels) it will hit. What size is the sub?

Suggested amps:
Earthquake
Zapco
USAmps
Kicker
Hifonics
MA Audio
Cerwin Vega
AudioBahn
Power Acoustic

Really depends on what your budget is, and what the RMS rating of the sub is. Ideally you want an amp that will run the RMS of the sub for the sub to work at it's optimum level, not necessary, though.

Plenty of other if you do your research, and depending on what the sub can handle, you could get a couple of amps and "strap" them together.

OR, if the wallet is deep enough:

http://www.hlabs.com/products/amps/ :drool:

Last edited:
Back