Water in coupe tail light bar

BullAccord

Reaction score
Help

my taillight bar holds water. When I open my trunk water pours out of the right brake light. I'd rather try and fix it before completely replacing it.

Thank you in advance :bowdown:

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Check it all out if your seals for the bulbs are out replace them. As for the water that's alredy in there your going to have to use the baking trick and reseal it.

AccordUser

Reaction score
Help

my taillight bar holds water. When I open my trunk water pours out of the right brake light. I'd rather try and fix it before completely replacing it.

Thank you in advance :bowdown:

Had the same problem. I got the smallest drill bit I could find, and drilled three holes on the bottom of the light without removing it. Kinda drill at a diagonal fashion. One in the middle and the other two on the outsides. This allows my light to drain and keeps it dry. Haven't had water issues since (couple years back).Hope this helps.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Baking trick?

Put the tails in the oven at about 200 for about 10 min and then open them and reseal them.

Place back in oven at same temp/same amount of time to reseal them.

If you have something that you can use to hold them together once you have resealed them, that may help as well.

ey361995

Reaction score
I had a problem with a set of headlights like this. They got condensation and as a temporary fix I put those gel pack things up in them to get rid of the condensation before I got a new set. :favorites13:

Back