Key Fob Programming w/ aftermarket radio

pointblank

Reaction score
Hey guys,
i've been a long time lurker but never really had to post anything since i was able to find all my answers using the search button. =)
So, my key fob broke off a while ago and stopped using it all together. I think the battery died and erased all the programming with it. Long story short, i replaced the key fob with a new shell off ebay and replaced the battery last week. The LED lights up, but clearly needs programming since nothing unlocks/locks.
I took it into the stealership to see what they had to say, and they looked at my aftermarket double DIN radio and said it cant be programmed d/t that very reason. Something about anti-theft being tied into stock cd player.

I looked at the DIY list and wasnt able to program it successfully. I.e nothing locked/unlocked. I really think the dealership is wrong... any thoughts from you guys? lmk
thanks

lashlee

Reaction score
Years ago the 96-00 Civic needed the OEM radio to stay in the car to maintain the OEM keyless functionality but I've never heard of an Accord needing it. Granted my Accord is an LX and the EX with the factory keyless may need the radio but I'm not familiar with it.

rdxd

Reaction score
I've got the same problem - although I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the car alarm - I'm currently locking my car by hand and the keyless fails to work - I've tried replacing batteries, reprogramming using the on - click - off x6 method, - atm my alarm is disconnected as it once decided to lock itself and not UNlock itself - I'm going to be reconnecting it soon and trying a new battery i'll let u know how it goes

There's also info that where you pop open your bonnet, if u peek inside the latch assembly - there's a blue square, give that a clean and apparently that seems to solve some issues - didnt work for me tho - gl!

twofast4u

Reaction score
yea, aftermarket radio doesnt matter. I replaced my radio as soon as i got my car, and the oem alarm worked fine, and still does today.

Back