DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As I said before....

You could just swap out hubs on the fronts. But then you have to get new bearings too. For the price of new hubs and bearings and pressing them on I bought 2 complete knuckles. I recently pressed in new wheel bearings for peace of mind since I had them off the car anyways and they were perfectly fine. If you have rear discs then yes you could also do this as all you have to do is remove the nut, pull the hub off, put on the new one. Unfortunately I had rear drums so that wasnt really an option for me.

Last edited:

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
:D:beer2:

just got most of mine done. have to install the parking brake cables & swap out the proportioning valve (eventually). i gotta find some lug nuts that dont stick out as much too. i put some RSX wheels on my car, but used the same lug nuts.

thanks blkcurrantkord for the write up.

one more question, do you guys think the proportioning valve will make that much of a difference? the brake pedal feels good. but seems like it was tighter when the drums were on the car.

CHID0

Reaction score
If i swapped the rear hubs what about the calipers? Are the calipers the same on the i4 and V6? :poke:

CHID0

Reaction score
You da man greg, one more then i'm done....are the front calipers the same?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
would you trust a junkyard/ebay knuckle/spindle? I would think the wheel bearings might be shot or other things.so could be cheaper and easier to go new oem 1st place?In the long run.save time.
Im EX so already have all disc.but only looking at this for rim options..damn 4 lugs..

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
well, comparing the price of the spindles, you cant beat the junkyard prices. like i looked for a car with front end damage & got the rear spindles from that car. then found a car with rear end damage & got the front from it.

but you definitely take a chance. perfect example is my situation....i have to replace the rear bearings....probably going to get that done tomorrow.

Back