scratched my new tint ! FML

purplehaze

Reaction score
so i just got my window tinted 2 days ago and today i rolled it down for the first time, and the driver side went SCREEECH coming up.

and i tried a couple more times up and down and each time it scratched a lil bit more =(((

do any of you guys know if warranties usually cover something like that?

i really hope they do ...

how is everyone elses tint holding up?

sikjdm

Reaction score
what kind of tint is it?
at my shop, the seal is usually what scratches the tint, so with that being said, if the scratch is coming from the seal then no it's probably not covered..

good luck

Crono139

Reaction score
The shop will know that you screwed it up, not them.

I doubt that they'll cover it.

SilverAggie

Reaction score
$125 all around is a great deal. It comes me 160 here in the boro of NC. Sorry to hear about your tint. I rolled mine down 4 days after and got a hairline scratch. Kinda bothers me but no big deal. The could redo one window but you would have to pay to have it taken off and then for the new to get put back on. Just wondering why if you heard a screech you would continue to roll your window up and down?

f23accord2000

Reaction score
you have to wait more then 3 day to be safe to roll the window down i would go back and see what they say they might do it over sometime **** get stuck in the seals. i would go back if it only been a week ask them if they could do that window over ,mine did that and they did mine for free it was a defect in the tint so yeah def go back and ask them what they can do about it.

Crono139

Reaction score
When I had my tint done about 5 years ago, I paid $110 for the back three windows.

The front windows were only about $60.

Back