Straight pipe exhaust

tj_harris

Reaction score
I just don't want to lose any power or mpg..

But does anyone around here just have the mufflers off? Like just chopped them off and ran a tip? Would that sound better? & of course I'm looking for the cheapest way to go.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
sounds a lil deeper on my setup, but the exhaust smell from running catless is horrible

btw, i'm running 2.25 inch piping with a resonator to a s2k muffler.. gutted cat too

Chris Vu

Reaction score
sounds a lil deeper on my setup, but the exhaust smell from running catless is horrible

btw, i'm running 2.25 inch piping with a resonator to a s2k muffler.. gutted cat too

Dude, how do you do that ?! I'm running hi-flow cat to 2.5" piping to a megan racing muffler and get pulled over all the time ..

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
well... 2.25" piping is louder than a 2.5"

and my motor is slightly built, so the increased piping size actually helps it breath better.. if u have larger piping with a stock motor, u just get an annoying mufler tone

CG2

Reaction score
Seeing allgonoshow's exhaust vid makes me want to get a straight pipe lol.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got greddy evo piping to a 2.5'' inlet 4'' outlet truck/suv exhaust tip and it sounds pretty good. a little loud at times but nice and deep. Some drone on the highways but not as much as i thought there'd be. And its only raspy from 1-2k when its cold, other than that its deep. Oh and im a 4cyl not v6 like sleeper cell

cjsaccord

Reaction score
I have a 2.5 straight pipe, a cat and no resonator to my ws1 and it sounds like a stock g35, no highway drone at all. I really thought it would be louder..:mad:

Back