Plug and Play Cluster Gauge for 6GA?

mollyfmc

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a new 6GA owner and I am just beginning my long list of modifications and need some guidance on this. My goal for my mods is JDM Honda OEM. I have been searching for a sportier cluster gauge like say from an Acura or other Honda model. I've searched and know that I could do the LED options but I would much rather find a OEM cluster gauge that will fit properly in my 98 accord. My reasoning for not wanting to do LEDs is because I'm trying to make my baby look stock. Please help!!! I don't know if there is an Acura cluster that will line up right? If i have to puzzle with wires thats ok too. I'm more concerned about the gauge physically fitting. I heard that people have put the gauge from an S2000 in their civic... taking that a step further, a civic gauge doesnt fit in my 6 gen so I dont think that one would work but I would love to have that one in my car. Any suggestions? Prelude gauge? What could I swap this with?

juicebox00

Reaction score
no other honda gauges fit into our cars. but you can either get the 01-02 coupe cluster which is light grey w/ red needles or get a canadian gauge w/ km instead of mph

mollyfmc

Reaction score
Ok, I have tried to find pics but what I've seen looks very similar. I was hoping for more options but I'll take what I can get. I stumbled upon this website earlier: http://www.marklamond.co.uk/products/s2000/s2000.htm I filled out the inquiry form to see if this could work but I'd be surprised. I'll keep you posted if I find out they have an adapter for our chassis.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I know the s2k gauge has been retrofitted into 5th gens but I don't know about 6th gens.

Ch1R

Reaction score
Well this ended my short search for a s2k cluster in our 6gens.:sad:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
There IS a guy who makes harness' that turns it into a direct swap for 5th gens. He's in the UK though and you'd have to send him your harness & s2k cluster with all wires intact on both. He might be able to do it on 6th gen as well. You'd have to make a custom bezel to fill in the excess space though. It's not impossible just a huge pain and time consuming.

finch13

Reaction score
I bet you could retrofit something in, but it would be time consuming and a giant headache.

I don't think it's the same for Hondas, but on GM vehicles the cluster plays a huge role in vehicle operation. They even have cluster trouble codes, some require ECU programming, security system tweaks, etc.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
i wanted to do this too and did contact the guy in the UK who said it would cost around $900 would take about 3 months to test and see IF it would work. It wasn't worth the time, money, or effort so i let it be

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
i was looking at the acura cl type s and tl cluster but never got around to test fit them
due to me selling my car

mollyfmc

Reaction score
i wanted to do this too and did contact the guy in the UK who said it would cost around $900 would take about 3 months to test and see IF it would work. It wasn't worth the time, money, or effort so i let it be

Yeah, I don't blame you for call, man. 900 is really high. I'm not looking to spend that being as I'm close to getting wheels and a H22. It would be sweet though. maybe he's tested it by now and it wouldn't be as much? I'll find out soon enough and let you know. I sent my request yesterday and I'm hoping he gets back to me today.

Back