HELP Squeaky noise when I brake

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: Squeaky noise when I drive

That's how it was when my lower ball joint was busted. Here's a picture of my drivers side lower ball joint, which I noticed it also needs replacing. Can't see it in the picture but I removed the wheel and raised the car and upon visual inspection I noticed a tear in the boot. I've been hearing a light squeak also.

b1543999fab023881dcc18068d00a0c8.jpg

Did you only change the lower ball joint or the whole control arm too. I took my car to a shop today to get it checked out and they said both front lower ball joints are torn at the boot so I should replace the lower control arm since it comes with the ball joint. He said if I replace the ball joint I can't do it without bending the control arm. Is this true I should just replace the whole lower control arm and ball joint? I have a hard time trusting mechanics since they could just lie to make money so I need your guys input haha I looked and it is torn though. Just dont know if i need the whole unit or just lower ball joint.

Also they said I need to replace all of my motor mounts. Which one are the mounts? http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=1999&catcgry3=2DR+EX+%28V6%29&catcgry4=KL4AT&catcgry5=ENGINE+MOUNT+%28V6%29

how many mounts are there? 4?

what do you guys thinnk about these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCA-98-02-ACCORD-V6-3-0L-AT-ENGINE-TRANSMISSION-MOUNT-BUSHING-KIT-OE-STOCK-5PCS-/400538336028?fits=Model%3AAccord%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A3.0L&hash=item5d41f1fb1c:m:mS67j6gjN2RdcpE7WpAwB-w&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: Squeaky noise when I drive

So today I got both front lower ball joints replaced.... Cost me 200 sigh AND THE NOISE IS STILL THERE. One of the ball joints was ripped and the other was popped of place. With that it still makes that creaking/sqeaky noise when I brake. All the other suspension components are fine and none seem to be going bad. Brand new coilovers so idk what this noise is and how to make it go away... It doesnt happen when I drive only while braking and its not the noise of I need new breaks.

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Did you transfer the rubber bushing to the top of the coil overs? Between the top hat and chassis. I got a sheet of rubber from home depot and cut it to fit the top of the struts, avoid metal on metal. Worth a shot if you dont find anything.

Also how are your brake pads, the inner pads will wear faster than the outer, could be your chatter bar warning you of low pads. Check your sway bar bushings too, unbolt them and throw some grease in there.

phi1542

Reaction score
Did you transfer the rubber bushing to the top of the coil overs? Between the top hat and chassis. I got a sheet of rubber from home depot and cut it to fit the top of the struts, avoid metal on metal. Worth a shot if you dont find anything.

Also how are your brake pads, the inner pads will wear faster than the outer, could be your chatter bar warning you of low pads. Check your sway bar bushings too, unbolt them and throw some grease in there.

I don't know anything about a rubber bushing. I didn't swap anything I just took the coilovers out and put new ones in.

Maybe brake pads because I don't remember when I replaced them but it's not screeching like it would of brake pads are thin. The poly bushings I greased with the pack it came with plus the sound has been there before I installed the progress RSB. The noise isn't as loud as before though which is good. I'll have to take a closer listen to it now see if it's from the same location. I'm thinking brake pads are low now because I only hear it when I brake

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
Ok so I just replaced my front lower ball joints and when I got an alignment the guy said my front end was solid. I checked my brakes and inner is just as good as the outer. Whats up with the squeaky or creaking noise when ever I break.... Idk what else it could be

Back