Any Bikers??

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Well it looks like my cycling season will start this weekend if the weather forecast is correct. Low-mid 70's and sunny all weekend. I do not think I have looked forward to riding this much before.

Mine really kicked into high gear last Friday. Its been in the 60-70's and the trails are finally dry! Best week of my life.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well I got in 40 miles. The last 5 miles were turning into a crampfest. Probably was not a smart decision to ride that much after not being on the bike for over a month. Weather is amazing now, just hope I can get some rides in this week but the schedule is not looking 2 good.

I am going to get sized Friday for Specialized bikes. I need to just hurry up and buy one. I feel like I have been talking about buying a bike for months.

NASOHC

Reaction score
So, back in December I was riding my Enduro down this switchback and turn sharp left and into a rock that was sticking out of the ground. I endoed' and took a fall to the left landing on my side. I had the wind blown out and in severe pain - it took me about 5 min to get up and toughen up throughout the pain. Got back on the bike and road the rest of the trail back down another 2 miles. Turned out I fracture my rib cage and it it took about 2-3 weeks to heal. Haven't been on the bike since due to work but I can't wait to get back on the saddle after this week - tax season will be over for me and its back to the trails! I'm feeling outa shape.

Here's a shot of my Enduro I took on my GoPro that day - love it when weather is a little overcast. It had just rained the day before, clouds where still lingering around.

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well I have a new road bike now. Like when I bought my 4Runner, I ended up buying something that was not even under consideration but after one ride I loved it. I bought a Specialized Roubaix. I honestly have never really liked the looks of them, and always thought I would hate the geometry. But one of the guys at a local shop pretty much was begging me to try one out. So I finally gave in today and took it out for a few miles on some back roads. It felt so smooth, and the geometry was incredibly comfortable. It did feel a tad weird climbing hills at first when standing out of the saddle, but nothing a few miles did not fix.

They are having a mega sale now, so I had to take advantage of it. The bike should be in early next week because the only ones the stores had were models with 105 and I wanted to at least jump up to Ultegra.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/roubaix/roubaixcompcompact
The black one

Last edited:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Man, you should have looked at the Domane also! You'll love the Roubaix though, they are great riding bikes. I love the way they look, the frame is really clean. Really though, you just need to ride your Fuel more.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Haha yeah I do, I have not been mtn biking since I am thinking Oct/Nov. I looked into the Domane, but hard to pass up a bike that was about $600 under retail. This years Trek models were awful though when it came to colors. WHYYYY are so many of them light colors with white handlebar tape? I hate white tape.

I sure hope I will like the bike, I feel like I am getting a granny bike since it is kinda gets the tag as the "comfort" road bike.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
No way, endurance road bikes are the way to go. No need to beat yourself up on a Tarmac or Madone when you can get just the same amount of performance out of a more forgiving ride? When I get around to amassing enough money to EP a new bike, I am probably gonna Project One a new Domane.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
DSC_9824a_zpsa3679587.jpg

New ride!! I did not even leave the shop without changing stuff. I changed the silverish housing to black, and then added some Lizard Skin h-bar. Hopefully next year I will get some new wheels.

Back