Jordan_H's 98 Accord Sedan EX (56k)

Jordan_H

Reaction score
hey mate,
whats the size and offset of these rims?? How much lip do they have??? looks like 3"-3.5" of lip...
cheers.
Also did you wrap your climate control in 3M carbon wrap or real carbonfibre?? how did it go around the tighter corners/edges?
snyds

Size is on the first page. Honestly forget the offset. The lip is about 3.5 inches.
Climate control was wrapped by my friends and it looks alright. It's 3M I believe because I know it's not real carbon fiber

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Car is going to my dad's friend's shop this weekend to finally get fixed.

Recent updates on more me personally than the car is that I started a new job a couple days ago at a ford dealership. I get paid slightly less than the old job but I get more hours, it's closer, and I work with some of my friends. I have to admit the newer fords are pretty nice. I was washing one the other day and that's when I decided that is the color I want on my car. It's a magnetic metallic. Paint is possibly coming soon. If someone could photoshop this color on my car that would be awesome or find an accord with a color similar to this? Also opinions are welcomed as long as they are constructive and not mean. thanks!

image1_zpsd8ef5837.jpg
Congrats on the new job! Must be nice to be around by new cars. (I like the new look on the Mustang a lot. But they're saying that the car is heavy as f haha.)

I have Honda Pilot in Polished Metal Metallic, and it's very similar to that truck. Was contemplating on my choices w/ this and black or white, but I chose this color b/c:
・It looks the meanest imo.
・It shows the body line 'n curve by the reflection of light, more than black.
・It's less noticeable on dirt and swirl marks compared to black.

I feel like gray cars relatively show more dirt & marks, but that's proly b/c my car is silver. I bet you won't feel that since yours is currently black, and I have a feeling that you'll be appreciated if you go from black to gray.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Congrats on the new job! Must be nice to be around by new cars. (I like the new look on the Mustang a lot. But they're saying that the car is heavy as f haha.)

I have Honda Pilot in Polished Metal Metallic, and it's very similar to that truck. Was contemplating on my choices w/ this and black or white, but I chose this color b/c:
・It looks the meanest imo.
・It shows the body line 'n curve by the reflection of light, more than black.
・It's less noticeable on dirt and swirl marks compared to black.

I feel like gray cars relatively show more dirt & marks, but that's proly b/c my car is silver. I bet you won't feel that since yours is currently black, and I have a feeling that you'll be appreciated if you go from black to gray.

I don't really notice the weight of the new mustang that much. I've driven a couple of them and the clutch has the same feel as driving my accord it's very nice. There's a 2011 STi we have on the lot and that isn't very fun to drive at all. I preferred the newer focus st.

I may make the switch. I'm getting a quote on getting it resprayed night hawk black pearl or the magnetic gray metallic. It might possibly happen this weekend. I'm excited

james'99

Reaction score
I don't really notice the weight of the new mustang that much. I've driven a couple of them and the clutch has the same feel as driving my accord it's very nice. There's a 2011 STi we have on the lot and that isn't very fun to drive at all. I preferred the newer focus st.

I may make the switch. I'm getting a quote on getting it resprayed night hawk black pearl or the magnetic gray metallic. It might possibly happen this weekend. I'm excited

I'm surprised! Mustangs have a reputation for having some of the hardest clutches! Any word on ECM?

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Thanks, Accord914!

TuckerPunch, it's an OEM spoiler. Thanks for the compliment. It's not super common and gets it s slightly make agrressive look. I think this one is specific to 98-00 ex sedan.

James, I did trade work to get my car fixed. He will be able to find an ecm easily because he has access to all these different companies and even has a way to program it at his shop.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
So I bought some BC extreme low coilovers with custom spring rates from my friend. 2 months old. My car isn't even a car right now but for the price I couldn't pass them up. I really just want this thing fixed. Working all the time and being too stubborn to take it to a shop. Mostly because of the price. Not sure what happened to my dads friend supposedly offering to fix mine. Just tired of looking at it sit there.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
So I bought some BC extreme low coilovers with custom spring rates from my friend. 2 months old. My car isn't even a car right now but for the price I couldn't pass them up. I really just want this thing fixed. Working all the time and being too stubborn to take it to a shop. Mostly because of the price. Not sure what happened to my dads friend supposedly offering to fix mine. Just tired of looking at it sit there.

That's a very nice pickup. I'd love a set, but I've got too many projects going on for the car right now lol. There is a set of BCs for an 8GA around here, but I doubt they'd fit our chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan_H

Reaction score
That's a very nice pickup. I'd love a set, but I've got too many projects going on for the car right now lol. There is a set of BCs for an 8GA around here, but I doubt they'd fit our chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really want to say how much I bought them for in case I ever sell them on here. Let's just say they were cheaper than some brand function form type 1s. I'm sure for that price you would've figured out a way to buy them haha. Now that I have these coilovers I need to figure out a way to protect my oil pan. They hang so low on our chassis it's insane.

Back