Heavier coilover springs

snydas1987

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I been looking into the VIP stance style a lot lately and Iv seen a lot of guys running heavier springs like 14-16kg fronts and 10-12kg rear springs.
I got function n form type 2 on my accord, I'm happy with how mine are but Iv been wondering where do you go to get these type of heavy springs???

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to like Swift springs. But at a certain spring rate the shock will have to be revalved. You'd have to call F&F and ask what that is.

Might be better off buying a new setup w/custom rates.

Varnell

Reaction score
I'm on 14k/12k Swift springs and still scrape all over the place. I'm not even as low as those VIP guys.

After so much drop, springs can only do so much. They're not called frame bangers for nothing.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
With function forms, you'll probably be good to go up 2k rates without a revalve and still have good dampening. Those rates are still low for true VIP. I'm currently at 16k/14k with dampening full stiff on my BC Racing with SWIFT springs and there's too much travel.

I'm planning on going with Broadway Static coils soon with swifts. Spring rates in the mid 30s to low 40s. Don't really want the car to move the little bit of room it is able to move. I've heard from a lot of people that the high spring rates don't ride as bad as you would think when the shocks are valves to handle the rates. I'm hoping that's true.

snydas1987

Reaction score
Can I also use the front 12K springs on the rear Coilovers and then just get new front coils say 14K-16K off swift..would that work??
So do you think if I ran those spring rates with the adjustable dampening type 2 shocks that had 12K front 6K or 8K rears would they be ok if set around max dampening????
Thanks guys, good info
Snyds

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Aren't they standard 2.5"?

You can get those from any circle-track company. They just have standard lengths of standard weight you want. They may list them in lb/inch, so be ready to convert!

lowoffset

Reaction score
coilover springs are easy to get. 2.5" (63 or 65mm) inner diameter and 180-220mm length is pretty standard. i got 3 sets off ebay to play around with. can also get online from skunk2, ksport, calling megan, calling emusa. you can swap for shorter spring and lower your car even more when going stiffer because wheel droop is less

lowoffset

Reaction score
snydas1987- yes you can swap front to rears. i did. you need to have dampers that can control them though. i took mine off a week later because it rode so rough and i can't afford 3way adjustables. i was on 18k/12, but ultimately settled on 14/6. it was a good compromise as it is my daily driver. the motion ration of the accords rear is pretty much 1:1 so you really don't want to go too high on the lighter rear end. the front is really heavy and the geometry lets you go with a pretty stiff spring on the front but beyond a point most dampers cant keep up.

snydas1987

Reaction score
so how do you go about revalving the shocks to match the springs? is a job a local suspension guy can do or will i need function n form guys to do it?
cheers guys

Back