Multiplexor

bbphung

Reaction score
Hi, I own 1998 Honda Accord V6. I love this car. It's a gift from my wife and son for my birthday, Now it has 300,000 miles, but still running smoothly, easily speeds up to 130 mile/hour. Last two weeks, I had a problem: turn signal and hazard didn't work, I found out that bad connection on the connector, plug back the connector, it worked fine but no turn signal. Replaced hazard switch fixed problem. Later I found out that if I turned on head lights then all light of dash board and clock were off. The technician replaced the dim switch that didn't fix this issue, and he trouble shot desperately, none of them fix the issue. Then I search on Google that leaded me to this web site, I found a gentleman suggested the Multiplexor. I printed out this trouble shooting guide and gave to the technician. He replaced the MUX and IT FIXED THE PROBLEM.WOW!!! I am really appreciated your help and you web site and gave to my friends.
Thanks a million.
bbphung

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out, electrical problems can be a pain.

Btw I hope you were driving the car at a track at such high speeds where the environment is more controlled. A 300k mile car really shouldn’t be going that fast in the first place without the belts, tires, suspension parts, etc first having been inspected and replaced if needed. If something had failed on you….it wouldn’t have been pretty.

bbphung

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I am not a kind of racing guy, just a test. I usually drive in speed limit. :) thanks.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Very nice of you to Thank this site and it's members.

This site is very helpful in diagnosing/solving issues on these old beauty's.

Makes me question why the Technician would not have Google'd this problem himself?

If it was me, I would have asked for a discount/partial refund due to the fact you actually solved the problem for him. And, now he knows the first thing to check is the Multiplexor for this type of problem.

james'99

Reaction score
Good to hear you're all fixed. I blew out my multiplexer like this when I used a hazard switch from a 01 on my 99 not realizing that they had changed the wiring of the switch in that year. Glad to hear you're all set though!

Back