Function & Form Type 1 - Ride Height Too Low?

pdxcomps

Reaction score
Hey Guys -

We recently got our new body kit installed, along with paint, exhaust, etc -

The last thing we did was put the new suspension on. I decided to go with the FF Type 1's - Because I found them for a price that I couldn't pass up, and I heard good things on this forum.

I have someone put them on for me, and when I first saw the car, I noticed it was VERY VERY low. This car is for my wife, and while she wants it to look a little aggressive, she doesn't want to bottom out on everything.

I asked if it could be raised a bit, and the guy told me that it was 'maxed out' as far as how high it can go -

The person who put the suspension on is a mechanic, but NEVER deals with aftermarket stuff. He is a friend of ours, and I just have a feeling that he may be off a bit.

I was hoping that someone here may have some advice. Do the FF Type 1's max HEIGHT adjustment really go that low? I will take a picture soon to show all of you, but trust me, it must be at least a 2.5" to 3" drop ...

I understand that coilovers are made to offer the ability to drop the car a bit, but I am just afraid it is a bit too low for what my wife wants, or can handle, haha ...

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys (and girls!)

Last edited:

blackcord

Reaction score
Bro. I also bought F&F before really researching and doing my homework. Had it installed and asked the guy to raise it up and he said that it was already at max height. My main reason for coilovers was to raise it to stock (or close to stock) height in winter and drop it in winter. I was totally pissed. BUT I was lucky that I had a buyer (but I still lost almost $150 because of my mistake). I removed it after only 3 days!!

I found that at max height, it was already dropped around 2.75". No way I would be able to survive driving that in the winter we have here in Canada. I also found these F&Fs to be very stiff.

I know that most on this forum just love F&Fs for being able to frigging slam your ride, but that is not for me. I went with Tien SS-P instead and could not be happier. Nice almost stock ride quality. I can raise it to close to stock height in winter and drop it almost 3" in summer-- Perfect!

Last edited:

BlackestCoupe

Reaction score
You sold them bc they wouldn't go high enough for you? Get outta here! Stay stock pussy:flipoff:....I'm just messing with you lol. I know the low life isn't for everyone.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
the max height can't drop you 2.75...can it?? my type II's could drop me an inch..i doubt the type I's are much different.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
When I had my type 1s I had them at 1finger gap front. Which is like a 2.5" drop. But if you're a v6, it's gonna be about 2.75.

pdxcomps

Reaction score
OK - UPDATE:

I am still rolling around with the wheels that came on the car when I bought it, even though I have some brand new 17" wheels... The wheels that are on the car right now are 15" with 65 series tires - looks like crap, but it raises the car more than what my 17" with 40 series would do -

I measured from the ground, to the middle of the fender (hard to explain, so I included a picture below)

The measurement I got on both sides is 25" - Keep in mind that this measurement will go down quite a bit if I put on the 17" wheels.

I think my real problem here is that I also have a full body kit installed, and those pieces hang lower than stock bumpers.

I am wondering if I should be looking at going with something like 19" wheels with 40 series tires?

I can take some pictures of the car if that will help everyone.

LOWERED.jpg

BlackestCoupe

Reaction score
Check out the official slammed club, "slammed" or no wheel gap is considered to be 24" with stock wheels, 18's are your best bet. I'm pretty low on 18's and Im at about 23.5-23.75".

JV6

Reaction score
These things were meant to slam your car lol. Good choice on tein since it's ride height is good for the winter.

Back