JDM H23A vtec (Blue Top) swap complete, now auto trans shifts hard

Accord_SiR

Reaction score
Ok just like I said JDM H23A vtec (Blue Top) swap complete, now auto trans shifts hard, got the whole write up on how to depin repin at ecu and all the other mods that need to be done, just email me at [email protected]. I've completed the swap everything runs gray except the trans no CELs and the car smashes now redlining @7,800RPM. Can't figure out the trans problem tho do I need the jdm shift solenoid? I'm using the jdm PCM ecu that went to the engine in the '99 accord wagon sir.

Accord_SiR

Reaction score
Wow a bunch of views no replies maybe I need a jdm shift solenoid. Vtec also is only kicking in in 1st gear it seems like any answers would be great.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're the only one here that's done the swap and kept it auto to my knowledge. I think you're on your own here.

agginline86

Reaction score
doesn't VTEC kick in after a RPM threshold?
Didn't think it was related to what gear it's in

hard shifting could be a pretty wide variety of causes after a swap.
I know people have had issues with motor mounts, ecu, getting everything wired, etc...

HollywoodHam

Reaction score
Accord_Sir
Per our conversation, I had the exact same headache while my car was an automatic and maybe a bit worse. And like I explained, I just sucked it up and did the manual conversion...never looked back (only in my rear view mirror to see how far I left them behind...lol)

Accord_SiR

Reaction score
Figured it out I need jdm shift solenoid and speed sensors, the usdm ecu sent 12v to the sensors to where the jdm ecu send 5v. Got the solenoid on the way for free from Jspec, but where the hell can I find VSS's for that year trans on that motor it's a 3wire plug and is impossible to find. Anyone?:wtf1:

Back