This a good suspension setup??

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
OK well a friend of mine is selling his old suspension setup which is Tokico Blue Struts with Eibach Sportlines for 260...Is that a good setup..i am buying a camber kit too..either SPC for 119 or Ingalls for 100...not sure which one though...but i am mainly just asking about the blues/sportline combination...I just really don't feel like spending 700 on coilovers, even though it would be nice..but i am never going to go slammed, too much trouble..and i can do this for 370..anyways your thoughts please...

:peace:

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
Thats not a bad deal I'd go lower though...but not by much. Maybe 240-250 or so

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i have the same setup and i love it.... best bang for the buck imo in terms of suspension..... $260 is ok, depending on how old the stuff are and the condition.... like quicksilver said, go a lil lower... should be easy since he's ur friend :d

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I think they have atleast 10k on them i would assume...so that isn't a great price...hmm

how is the ride darkside..i know the stance will be different since i have a good...i have seen a few cars with sportline and the front doesn't look lower then the prokit...but i am getting a camber kit no matter what, and might as well go lower then haha...and don't feel like spending 700 on coilovers...

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i prefer the ride wayyyyy better than the teins/ kyb combo on the celica..... very comfortable ride... but yeah, the front isn't very low, but it's def lower than the prokit.... u can always cut off one coil before installing it :D

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I'd say go for it. I know on dsm's the ride is actually softer than with prokits. I don't know about accords. Alot of dsm owners don't like that, why i got prokits instead. I'm like you though, i'm never going to slam my car so if i go lower, new springs.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
you cannot go wrong with tokicos.
i have and tokico blues also but im riding on neuspeed green sport kit.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
ok well i guess i will be contacting him and getting it..do you think there will be a huge ride difference b/t prokit/oem shocks and this setup??

But yeah, i just don't want to go slammed, WW lowers the car enough, plus i always have to drive for my friends because they all have trucks..so a slammed car would be bad haha

thanks again for the help and info

EDIT

I have been hearing from some people that the blues blow quickly...you have this problem darkside?? or anybody with the same ones?

Last edited:

rwong410

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
OK well a friend of mine is selling his old suspension setup which is Tokico Blue Struts with Eibach Sportlines for 260...Is that a good setup..i am buying a camber kit too..either SPC for 119 or Ingalls for 100...not sure which one though...but i am mainly just asking about the blues/sportline combination...I just really don't feel like spending 700 on coilovers, even though it would be nice..but i am never going to go slammed, too much trouble..and i can do this for 370..anyways your thoughts please...

:peace:
That's the setup I have and I have an SPC rear camber kit on the way. So far the ride is very comfortable.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
if I were you I would go with tokico illuminas or koni yellows if you can spend the money

my illuminas are set on 5 the hardest when I go to 1 it feels like I am riding in a boat

some like it rough

Back