New member question(s)

FEVER

Reaction score
First, hello from new member....kinda stumbled across this forum.
I recently purchased an (old lady driven) 01 accord coupe, 45K miles. This car is taking a little bit of work to become "mine". It was neglected, severely needed (multiple) cleaning(s), and had hail damage. Most of which is done now.
I've added weathertech floormats, wind deflectors, and an ebay sunroof wind deflector. Also mounted a pre-painted rear spoiler from spoilerexpress. Ordered an ebay nav-stereo (pioneer AVIC) that was DOA, and working on ordering another today (I own an AVIC in my other vehicle and love it). I've got a few more plans which lead to some questions..

1) Stereo - I'm struggling to research the stock 6 speaker configuration. Are the rear deck 6x9's at 4Ohm's, with front drivers and tweets at 2Ohm, but wired in series at 4Ohm's?

2) Aftermarket LED Fog lights. Anyone tried this? I considered the OEM's, but their pricey, and not sure how bright they are. I've been eyeing up Rigid industries Dually D2 lights. Sorry, cant link, but rdmoffroad is where to find em. They're expensive, but youtube videos are available to show the brightness. Ebay has pairs for $380. Supposedly they're indestructible. Driving lights appear to have no hotspots.
I have yet to pop out the mesh to get a thorough look at what im working with...I guess this will be a big deciding factor.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Most people on this site find it costly to spend 400-500 dollars on brand name coilovers...not sure you'll find many who want to spend around that much on fog lights. A lot of people have gone with OEM or OEM replica fogs. Or, many people have retrofitted the 01-03 jdm civic fog lights on their bumpers and then paired it with an hid kit.

I know nothing about stereo components but the rears are 6x9's.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
OEM fogs are much cheaper than $380. I also had my fog lenses clearbra'd to better protect them.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Welcome to the madness. I'm running with OEM replicas and have no complaints.they are plenty bright even without a hid kit.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
my oem fogs cost me 160 shipped with everything harness and switch .i added HIDS to it from ddm had to mod the fogs though.as seen in my sig

Accord_SiR

Reaction score
Im new and Need to know more about a swap, here's what I'm doing...
2000 Accord 4dr F23A4 swap to a JDM H23A the DOHC Vtec blue top from the accord wagon, I have the ecu with it, I know there's some extending wires and the PS line, the dizzy wiring but I'm getting mixed info on the ecu pins a6 and a11 need to be swapped? Why? And em I missing anything?

Mikey

Reaction score
^You're not going to find, or get, answers by posting in someone else's thread of which your questions have little or nothing to do with. Your best bet is look around the swaps, DIY, and Tech sections.

OP, oem fogs are less than $300 new from honda. And as RedRyder said, clearbra or similar protection only lengthen their life. While LED fogs look cool, it's unlikely that they'll have a usable output. But if looks are what you're going for then the possibilities are endless. From the ones you can find at any local parts store on up to making your own custom setup.

I, too, am a fan of the AVIC. Which one, specifically, do you have? I'd like an x930bt/x940bt, personally.

The rear speakers are 6x9, the doors are 6.5 and I believe the tweeters up front are 1.25.

Oh, and, yes, they all run 4 ohms.

FEVER

Reaction score
^
OP, oem fogs are less than $300 new from honda. And as RedRyder said, clearbra or similar protection only lengthen their life.
I've caught the OEM's on ebay for that price, just never seen them in action. Purchasing fog lights blindly is a leap of faith for that price. Nothing I've come across of youtube or forums to show light pattern or brightness. I'm not bashing em, just dunno....

While LED fogs look cool, it's unlikely that they'll have a usable output.
I beg to differ. Just coming out of the Army, we used LED headlights in our Humvee's and had MANY LED route clearance lights on STRYKER vehicles. I can confirm that those are pretty damn bright! I own a pair, but their 7" round, so more of a truck style unless I had a custom rallye bumper. The fogs I'm looking at also have plenty of usable output. Search "Rigid LED" on youtube if you get a chance. The military lights were made by a company called "Trucklite" (Among other applications, they also make military taillights with blackout feature)
I, too, am a fan of the AVIC. Which one, specifically, do you have? I'd like an x930bt/x940bt, personally.
I've got a 2009 AVIC U310BT in my Tahoe.....3.5 inch touchscreen with detachable face. I wanted to stick with the same deck in both vehicles for simplicity and cost. I got it for $600-$700 new from bestbuy in 09. I'm sure the full screen ones are great, but myself and my wife already know how to navigate through the features on this deck. Grabbed a used one off ebay for $300 a few days ago. Paid a little more than I would have liked, so I hope its flawless.

The rear speakers are 6x9, the doors are 6.5 and I believe the tweeters up front are 1.25.

Oh, and, yes, they all run 4 ohms.
Thanks! 6 speakers is an odd arrangement....guessing then the 6.5 door speakers and dash tweets are all x2 Ohm speakers in series. Kinda important if I swap components.
The Honda factory system sounds kind of flat to me, but I want to hear it with the Pioneer before I get into swapping speakers.
I'm more focused on adding a sub before swapping factory speakers....I'll save that for later If they sound acceptable.

FEVER

Reaction score
So...new Pioneer AVIC head unit arrived. I'm happy this system actually works, and it sounds 2x's better than factory. These decks have adjustable crossover freq's (and levels) for low, mid's and highs. I would say it sounds 3x's better, except the factory speakers have so much midrange it can reverberate your teeth. It took longer than expected to "tweak" everything, but once done, wow.....I've got bright highs and some actual bass, yup....6x9's actually thump a little with minimal distortion now. Time will tell if I will keep (any or all) factory speakers. Sub will come next as it will allow more crossover tweeking.

During this install, I checked the black cap on the front dash I assumed it to be a "blank" as I've read that this is for European model auto-headlight features.
Well, I discovered it has two wires attached. I'm confident I don't have auto headlights, but I am however wondering if this isn't for the wiper delay or something? (I've only driven in rain once, and noticed the wipers slow after the vehicle comes to a stop).
Any knowledge or thoughts?
I ended up just routing the GPS antennae to the rear deck instead.

Last edited:
Back