2001 coupe H23a VTEC swap.... ECU Help

livetoride

Reaction score
Just finished my H23a VTEC swap and I am having the hardest time finding the right ECU to run. I kept my orginal f23 auto tranny and can find no info on my tranny/engine setup anywhere. Does anyone know which ECU will work best? Please help!

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Well the our autos have the tranny computer in the ECU. And the manuals have just the ECU. So I don't know how you'll get an ECU that'll control both the H23 and the tranny when the tranny never had a separate computer. Maybe there's another you can use like an H22 tranny computer. Which is separate from the ECU... I don't know

twofast4u

Reaction score
If you are staying obd2 p13-a12 would be best, if obd1 p28 would be best if your gonna tune it.

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
you can use the Accord Euro R "PCD" ecu which is still obd2b or convert to obd1 like I did and use a chipped p75 or whatever ecu with h22 basemap. you can still use a 5gen prelude "P5M" ecu but the immobilizer would have to o be removed.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
It should be plug and play, only if you have the conversion harness. Personally, if I were in your position, I'd just get an ecu (obd1) that I can tune with to earn the extra ponies on a stock motor that an obd2 ecu would restrict. However since you have an auto trans with your swap, it will restrict any or all potential ponies. Digressing from that point, rywire has customs auto conversion harnesses, you would have to contact them directly. Either direction of OBD1 or OBD2 harness/(prelude)ecu will work in your favor, it all depends on your states emission laws and who you know.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I have the original auto ecu for my h23a vtec lying around. I think it has the tranny computer in it but not very sure, could be wrong on that. If you want, I can give it to you. Just pay shipping.

Accord_SiR

Reaction score
Get he original ecu if you plan on staying obd2 if not go with their ^^^ advice on the obd1 Ecu's I just completed this swap and posted a write up in the I believe do it your self category under swaps, turbos ect. You have to use jdm shift solenoids and speed sensors for your a/t to **** properly. F series ecu with that engine no good do even drive it like that, Jspecmotors has all the parts you'd need to get if you want them. Good prices too. Let me know if you need any other info like I said just did the f23a4 to jdm h23a vtec blue top swap I think that's the same you did do they have a h23a usdm version idk but mine was in a '00 accord ex. Good luck man :thumbsup:

HollywoodHam

Reaction score
Accord_Sir, you see...our not the oly one with that problem...lol. So ur up and running properly? My car should e outta the shop this week, I will text you some pics...

livetoride

Reaction score
So i ordered a obd2 to obd1 custom conversion harness that will use P28ecu and original f23 ecu to run transmission. Am i going to have to switch fuel rails, distributor and possibly alt? Thanks for all the help guys this swap is a nightmare.

Back