suspension

00accord25

Reaction score
I am a new member of 6th gen accord and have a 2000 accord coupe v6. I live in PA and have a question on a suspension setup. There is a kyb shock/strut and a vogtland spring setup. Has anyone heard of these springs and know if there good or not?

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Dont know too much bout them but I would say grab a household name spring like Tein S-Tech, Skunk 2, Tanabe, H&R, Neuspeed.

6THGEN_AI4

^^^ this man speaks the true, I would say not to mess with unknown brands unless you don't care abt the results, in other words you get what you pay for. This also depends on how low you wanna go or if you are looking for quality ride.

My suggestion is read this and if you have further questions feel free to ask.

READ THIS

BTW. Welcome to the forums man you'll love it here.:thumbsup:

Joepro

Reaction score
I also live in pa and just recently lowered my car. IMO i would not go any lower than I am now with our roads.....here is my response to a similar question on v6p

I really wanted coilovers but found the extra cost not warranted. I will never adjust the height or dampening, im just lazy and the fact I live in PA means if I really go any lower than springs, im gonna scrape like crazy, F that. Then I said to myself, what is my overall goal? Just like you, just to lower a little bit and the slightly better handling is just an added bonus. So I decided, I really do not need coilovers to lower my ride, nor is the cost worth it to ME...Ill ride on these springs and shocks till they go and by then I should have enough money to get coilovers. Morale of the story:
springs, shocks and rear camber(got this used on the forums) = 440 dollar shipped to my door.

SO......

my setup is Megan Racing springs (2" drop) tokico hp's and used ingalls rear camber. The ride is smooth as stock, but the rebound is quicker and the shocks really stiffen up when pushed. For budget/beginner/daily driver setup I think its great.

16641MVC-626F-med.JPG

rwong410

Reaction score
KYB GR-2 are just OEM stock replacements so they're not supposed to be used with lowering your car any lower than 1.5"

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
rwong410 said:
KYB GR-2 are just OEM stock replacements so they're not supposed to be used with lowering your car any lower than 1.5"

this is true, and theyre gas shocks if im correct. my friend has them on his car.....2 currently blown, haha.

dynasty

Reaction score
my friend has those shocks/struts. he said it's kinda rough. not OEM quality ride.

white03sedan

Reaction score
i have the same shocks and have no problems..they ride great, also a friend has them on his teg with ground controls and lowered pretty low, and he loves them..so its not like every shock blows ...

Back