DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Need a little help with figuring out the wires? I just for my switch in today and it came with its pigtail harness.

Here's the side view.
72f465e8938fffc465359025cbbab4aa.jpg

^^ with light indicator at the bottom.

I'm rarely on here pm me with more info on wiring. Thx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Ok great, so you have something to work with. Please try to reference several wiring diagrams outlined in this thread historically. More than likely, your pigtail will correspond closely with the wiring schemes outlined prior. Looks for patterns, try it out - the worst you can do is blow an inline fuse. Good luck!

PS - you should check in more often if you want to learn crucial information, I doubt anyone will PM you schematics without any prior feedback on your end. Furthermore, if there IS additional information, let's share it with the community in this thread.

Last edited:

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Ok great, so you have something to work with. Please try to reference several wiring diagrams outlined in this thread historically. More than likely, your pigtail will correspond closely with the wiring schemes outlined prior. Looks for patterns, try it out - the worst you can do is blow an inline fuse. Good luck!

PS - you should check in more often if you want to learn crucial information, I doubt anyone will PM you schematics without any prior feedback on your end. Furthermore, if there IS additional information, let's share it with the community in this thread.
Thanks. I got a it figured out by another cg member that has the same switch and same wire colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jrobert79

Reaction score
I'd love any info you do have... mind taking a pic of your work for the good of the community?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Pasting from the first page, this is what I used to make mine work back in the day:

Civic : OEM
Black : Black
Red (with orange stripe) : Orange
N/A (since it's combined with black/red) : Blue
Black/red : Black/red
Red : Red

You shouldn't really need more than that, some of the colors may be different depending on your harness, but you should be able to figure it out. The patterns/layout would be the same.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, the ones that were up before got corrupted.

jrobert79

Reaction score
It just dawned on me that the info for my switch are the colors on the right.... I'm retarded! Thanks for reposting!

Back