Ultraportable Toshiba laptop

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Here is a great ultraportable notebook that just doesn't fit my needs. While the 13.3” form factor and light weight are great, I do prefer a bigger screen.

This laptop was barely used and is absolutely mint without a mark on it (aside from fingerprints from normal handling). I bought it to replace an aging laptop and was OK with the built-in graphics since I have a desktop also. Well, the high-end-in-2007 self-built desktop is eclipsed by high-end laptops these days so replacing both the laptop and desktop at the same time makes a ton of sense for me. Plus, I will sacrifice some portability for better graphics performance and a full HD display.

For the size, this Toshiba runs the Photoshop CS3 suite very well, though I don't have any 1080 HD video to edit. It's fantastic because it strikes a balance between lightweight (3lbs!) and performance (standard voltage i5 processor)...and it packs a DVD-RW drive to boot.

The build quality is phenomenal, with the only negatives being the stiff trackpad buttons and the sharp corners at the top of the screen. It has a magnesium “honey comb” inside the chassis so you can basically pick it up with one hand and it won't flex. The top and bottom are aluminum, as well, with the only plastic being the bezel around the screen. Battery is removable, unlike in the MacBook Pro.

Speaking of the battery, in eco mode, this notebook can reach 9 hours of run time! In “balanced” mode, 5+ hours is simple.

Anyway, here are the key stats:

-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
-Intel i5 at 2.4GHz (Turbo Boost to 3.0)
-4GB RAM
-Intel HD 3000 graphics (shared, 64MB-1.7GB)
-640GB 5400RPM hard drive
-WiFi b/g/n
-DVD-RW/CD-RW drive
-13.3” 1366 x 768 LED HD display
-WiDi ready
-Spill-resistant keyboard
-Webcam
-SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot
-HDMI port
-1 USB 3.0 port, 1 USB 2.0 port, 1 combo USB 2.0/eSATA/Sleep and Charge port (charge a cell phone with the laptop off)

A full list can be found here: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/portege_R835-P84.pdf

Below I have included some pictures of the system menus. You'll get a bit more space on the hard drive once I uninstall Photoshop (just wanted to see how it ran). I have also blanked out some things like the MAC address and Windows key but rest assured, the labels on the bottom and the box are intact.

It comes with the box, manuals/advertisements, and the home charger.

I'm looking for $625 shipped, fully insured. No trades. I will take a deposit if you're waiting on your tax return. These are selling for around $680 on ebay in the same "incredibly lightly used" shape.

OK, onto the pics...

imgp8442copy.jpg

imgp8443copy.jpg

imgp8444copy.jpg

imgp8447copy.jpg

imgp8448copy.jpg

imgp8449copy.jpg

imgp8450copy.jpg

imgp8451copy.jpg

imgp8452copy.jpg

imgp8453copy.jpg

imgp8454copy.jpg

imgp8455copy.jpg

imgp8456copy.jpg

truWarier02

Reaction score
Bump for you.

This is a very good laptop, guys. My uncle just got one from BB a couple months back. Super lightweight.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thanks dudes.

it really is crazy picking this thing up the first time. it weighs about half of what we're used to with normal laptops...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
sunday up.

i havent even touched this laptop in almost a month since i dont want to use it or damage it. its truly in "like new" shape.

Bax

Reaction score
If I had the money and need for this I'd be all over it, glws.

Back