AEM Dryflow Filter

rwong410

Reaction score
I just used the AEM Dryflow cleaning kit on my filter and it said to let it air dry. Well, I left it out in the sun for 5 hours in about 82 degree heat and the filter part is still wet. I've tried using a blowdryer to dry it but that doesn't have any effect. Would this cause any problems if I were to put the filter back onto my intake and go driving even though the filter is wet?

rwong410

Reaction score
Yeah, I just left it out right after I was done swishing it in the bucket of water. How would I go about getting it dry as soon as possible?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i watched the video on aem's site and it says after you swish it around in the bucket with just the warm water, you should shake out the remaining water (id guess by turning it back and fourth like you do in the buckets, just not in the buckets) and then letting it sit out to dry.

rwong410

Reaction score
Yeah, I did that. There is no more dripping water at all, just a damp filter. It was sitting outside in 85 degree heat for 5 hours and the plastic had dried and was even warm but the filter itself was still damp.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
The filter foam it self will not "dry out"..... It's liek a mesh material, so it'll always feel damp. But it really isn't

honda_dude

Reaction score
I had to shake the water out of mine couple times and put it out in the sun and that did the job. How often do u guys wash them?

nexTOme

Reaction score
I had to shake the water out of mine couple times and put it out in the sun and that did the job. How often do u guys wash them?

every other oil change? thats what i do.....

Back