Shocks for Skunk2 Lowering springs?

Accordingly

Reaction score
Im picking up some used skunk2 springs for really cheap off some local guy, but I don't know much about them. All I know is its supposed to be a 2" drop in the front and 1.9" in the rear.
Anyone have these or know how they are? Hows the ride? Will I be able to put these on with stock shocks?
Thanks-

**EDIT: Im in the market for some shocks to go with my Skunk2 springs. I was looking at some KYB GR-2's, would those suffice? Im not an aggressive driver, im just going for the lowered look... What would be a good match to my skunk2's?? I have about $300 to spend...

Last edited:

accordman1

Reaction score
Re: Skunk2 Lowering springs?

Someone I know has them on his saturn ion and they ride pretty stiff when he hits bumps. I think he blew his shocks already and not even on a month since it is a bad ride. I would get shocks if you are going to get them his was a 2 inch drop all around. Its all up to you I guess though it all depends if you care how the car rides.

CHID0

Reaction score
I don't think those springs are that stiff....a friend of mine has em on his car and he's been running stock shocks for a little over 2 years and they just blew. His car, even before the shocks blew, was bouncy IMO. If you get better shocks it'll dampen the bounce more though.

CHID0

Reaction score
arent the GR-2 pretty close to stock? I'd probably go with tokicos or koni yellows....but that's most likey out of your budget.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
GR-2's are pretty much a stock replacement so stay away from them. HP's are nice, but if you have the money I'd move up to Illuminas.

Back