Help with vacuum line.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I haven't been on here in a while, been really busy. But anyway I finally got the motor back in the car after two months..long story there. But everything runs fine, except there is a fluttering sound coming from the part pictured below. It appears that there should be a vacuum line attached, but I have no additional lines anywhere in the bay. So I'm pretty befuddled on this one. The fluttering stops if I place my finger of the nipple, so I assume that means it should have something on it. Any help would be appreciated.
This is for reference to where the part is. It is located at the arrow and is connected to sensor circled.
partLocRef.jpg

The part is circled here, and the arrow shows that it connects to the above senor.
part.jpg

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I just looked at mine and it seems to be a hose that runs in the general vicinity of a hose on the the blue circled item. It goes down to a hard line that heads toward the back of the car.

Untitled-1.jpg

finch13

Reaction score
The vacuum hose to the evap purge canister connects there. There is probably a vacuum line buried underneath somewhere.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
thanks guys i'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if i can find the hose.

Fuzz

Reaction score
The blue circled piece is the fuel pressure regulator... and it returns the fuel back to the gas tank. DO NOT PLAY WITH IT.

Back