98exaccordwv's 52 Chevy Pickup....(56K does this exist?)

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Very cool, and always liked seeing these types of projects.

That is ALOT of rust to deal with, but looking forward to seeing the transformation.

Yea, it's definitely rusty. Luckily there are plenty of replacement panels available. We've already got the floor pans (driver & passenger), new rocker panel (passenger), new cab corners. We'll end up replacing the back half of the floor as well, but i'll just be with sheet metal, no panel. Several other panels we already have, but still need a few as well.

It'll be fun.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The transmission was used in a wide range of things starting around 1998 from the c6 vette to 2wd and 4wd trucks. Its the successor to the 700r4.

The Chevelle is a 72 SS. I'll eventually get around to a thread on it.

Ah ok, I don’t know the code names for GM’s engines/trannies. That’s cool though, then it is a manual?

Nice, my dad has a ‘66 Chevelle SS 396. And a ’37 Studebaker that needs more work than your truck, lol.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Ah ok, I don’t know the code names for GM’s engines/trannies. That’s cool though, then it is a manual?

Nice, my dad has a ‘66 Chevelle SS 396. And a ’37 Studebaker that needs more work than your truck, lol.

No, its an auto. I wanted a manual, he said I could buy one, but i'll let him buy his auto. It'll still be fun. We have the 700R4 in the Chevelle and it'll put it down that's for sure. We need a bigger stall on it though.

Nice, I like the 66's. A studebaker would be fun.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
These classics have more parts available than some cars that are decades newer.

Nice work space you guys have, should make it alot easier to have a large indoor space.

What's the time frame to get this done?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
These classics have more parts available than some cars that are decades newer.

Nice work space you guys have, should make it alot easier to have a large indoor space.

What's the time frame to get this done?

Well no time frame really, but we expect it to take quite a while since we'll be doing all the work minus the sand blasting. And once the baby gets here things will probably slow down considerably.

We've moved along a lot faster than we expected to this point, but its just been fun working on it.

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
starting to come together.. always love seeing a project start to turn around. looks good mate, cant wait to see some final pics and some numbers with that big 5.3 :)

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Bump for a small update. Not a whole lot has happened, but check the first post.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice progress, I enjoy reading about this thing. And since I've never done anything like this I learn something new with every update as well.

Flat black Expendables truck?

expendables-55-ford-still.png.jpeg

Sans bullet holes of course. lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Between 'Gearz' and 'Chop, Cut, Rebuild' and this project, I am living the dream of seeing something being rebuilt from the ground up.

Hope you will be keeping it black.

Back