ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Models

akoutmos

Reaction score
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

It is a little hard to say at the moment. I want to run a couple of tests to see. The car is a little noisey right now, but that could also be as a result of a couple of other things. The car still needs an alignment to be really ready and testable in terms of handling. But preliminary results are good :).

Soon as i get some time and space i'll be posting some more on this.

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

It is a little hard to say at the moment. I want to run a couple of tests to see. The car is a little noisey right now, but that could also be as a result of a couple of other things. The car still needs an alignment to be really ready and testable in terms of handling. But preliminary results are good :).

Soon as i get some time and space i'll be posting some more on this.

Tuned in for this! I need an excellent traction bar for my future turbo build

AFAccord

Reaction score

Might be installing mine tomorrow. :peace:

ESP.net

Reaction score

:)

I would say upon initial install things you will notice is how much more traction and how much the Front Torque Mount Kit aids traction. I have had mine on and off before on my DC2 it's a night and day difference.

AFAccord

Reaction score

:)

I would say upon initial install things you will notice is how much more traction and how much the Front Torque Mount Kit aids traction. I have had mine on and off before on my DC2 it's a night and day difference.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to install it. It sits so far forward that it interferes with my charge piping. I've been planning on raising the FMIC anyway which would require some adjusting of the charge pipes, but I'm afraid the traction bar is going to completely block the route I'm using right now. Also, there is absolutely no room to install the front torque mount without building a completely new down pipe and waste gate dump.

I understand these issues are specific to my setup, and would probably have been mitigated if I had the traction bar in place before finishing my build, but I have to admit it's quite irritating considering the money spent on this thing.

I'm 90% certain there's NOT going to be room for my charge piping either way, which means I might end up clocking the turbo 180 degrees and running the charge pipe up and over the PS and ABS modules, out behind the fender and back around to the front of the car. I'm not sure if this was over-looked during the design process or what, but I do know a lot of turbo guys route their charge piping the way mine is now, and this bar is proving to be quite an obstacle for a turbo setup.

The car is at the paint shop now, but I'll see what can be done with the piping situation as soon as I get it back and report back with photos one way or another. As for the torque mount, it's simply going to go back into the box until I have the time and patience to try re-routing the down pipe and waste gate dump.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Great feedback Jason, thank you for taking one for the team and telling us about things which could use some improvement, or prove to be obstacles! I know my setup if quite similar to yours, and in the piping too, so it would probably be an issue for me if I chose to get it.. And I'd have to re-fab up a bunch of hardware :word:.

I'll definitely get one, but not jumping at it right this second because that's quite the chunk of change, and the other factors are not in place to be modified yet.

ESP.net

Reaction score

Unfortunately I wasn't able to install it. It sits so far forward that it interferes with my charge piping. I've been planning on raising the FMIC anyway which would require some adjusting of the charge pipes, but I'm afraid the traction bar is going to completely block the route I'm using right now. Also, there is absolutely no room to install the front torque mount without building a completely new down pipe and waste gate dump.

I understand these issues are specific to my setup, and would probably have been mitigated if I had the traction bar in place before finishing my build, but I have to admit it's quite irritating considering the money spent on this thing.

I'm 90% certain there's NOT going to be room for my charge piping either way, which means I might end up clocking the turbo 180 degrees and running the charge pipe up and over the PS and ABS modules, out behind the fender and back around to the front of the car. I'm not sure if this was over-looked during the design process or what, but I do know a lot of turbo guys route their charge piping the way mine is now, and this bar is proving to be quite an obstacle for a turbo setup.

The car is at the paint shop now, but I'll see what can be done with the piping situation as soon as I get it back and report back with photos one way or another. As for the torque mount, it's simply going to go back into the box until I have the time and patience to try re-routing the down pipe and waste gate dump.

Sorry to hear about your issues on fitment with things. Unfortunately as a H/F guy my self not a whole lot of custom on shelf turbo manifold parts etc that wont require some work. Yes best thing is to purchase the Traction Bar System ahead of time to see what your obsticles are.

Send me some detailed pictures and I will see if I can make you a one off bracket. I can come down lower we do have the Lower Front Torque Mount Kit option on H/F's just requires new bracket and shorter rod. Please Email.

[email protected]

akoutmos

Reaction score

How did your charge pipes clear the stock brace? I'm trying to visualize it but can't :p. Pics maybe?? Good to see ESP offering to help.

What is the status of the strut bars you guys are working on?

AFAccord

Reaction score

How did your charge pipes clear the stock brace? I'm trying to visualize it but can't :p. Pics maybe?? Good to see ESP offering to help.

AFAccord said:
It sits so far forward that it interferes with my charge piping.

Basically it pinches off the opening between the lower radiator support and the bar which was wide open with the stock brace. I'll try to get some photos tomorrow when I visit the shop.

Back