What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What did you do today Detailing related?

Washed my car on Sunday after the Niners game.

Products used:
Gilmour Foam gun
3oz Meg Hyper Wash
3oz Auto Finesse Avalanche

agginline86

Reaction score

Thanks for catching the typo. :lawl: I'm also glad it's picking up a little bit. Can I ask what conditioner you used for your leather seats? Does it just protect? Or does it make it more supple?

I use Turtlewax Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
It doesn't leave a greasy residue and it seems to condition it well, but hard to say since I wasn't trying to see a before and after difference. I may do it again this weekend to see if I can tell.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

Washed my car on Sunday after the Niners game.

Products used:
Gilmour Foam gun
3oz Meg Hyper Wash
3oz Auto Finesse Avalanche

Lucky you. I would love to use the foam gun I purchased a year ago from autogeek. I would get a eviction notice if I tried to use it where I live.

Tested out some Blackfire care car product line today.
-Total Polish and Seal
-Crystal Seal
-Interior cleaner
-Leather Conditioner

- going to tackle the fender well with some APC+ and top it off with some of the Meguiars ASD I've been waiting to try this weekend.

Last edited:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score

34eb3at.jpg

You have pictures of a before and after of the headlights? What you think about the wax?[/QUOTE]

Only have the after pic. That stuff does work, it made night/day difference on scion tc headlight. I live in FL and it famous for "yellow headlights"
The wax is pretty good IMO but I'm still researching on that. First time I'm using it but seems to stay on for over a week,nice

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lucky you. I would love to use the foam gun I purchased a year ago from autogeek. I would get a eviction notice if I tried to use it where I live.

Tested out some Blackfire care car product line today.
-Total Polish and Seal
-Crystal Seal
-Interior cleaner
-Leather Conditioner

- going to tackle the fender well with some APC+ and top it off with some of the Meguiars ASD I've been waiting to try this weekend.

Nice variety of products to use. The only thing I have on the list is the Crystal Seal. After you spray it, you still have to buff it off or else it will streak in my experience anyways. Let me know your thoughts on the leather conditioner, and Meg All Season Dressing.

I use Turtlewax Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
It doesn't leave a greasy residue and it seems to condition it well, but hard to say since I wasn't trying to see a before and after difference. I may do it again this weekend to see if I can tell.

Sounds good so far. Leather seats are clean are not suppose to look shiny or feel greasy, just a clean matte looking finish to it.

34eb3at.jpg

You have pictures of a before and after of the headlights? What you think about the wax?
Only have the after pic. That stuff does work, it made night/day difference on scion tc headlight. I live in FL and it famous for "yellow headlights"
The wax is pretty good IMO but I'm still researching on that. First time I'm using it but seems to stay on for over a week,nice[/QUOTE]

Pretty good results for a consumer OTC kit.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score

Pretty good results for a consumer OTC kit.

Just have to sand it down real good and all that yellow stuff comes off...I also waxed em. Thanks

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Chris pm me your info. I will send out a 8oz sample for you to try. :thumbsup:

Sweet, thanks dude! PM'd.

Sounds good so far. Leather seats are clean are not suppose to look shiny or feel greasy, just a clean matte looking finish to it.

After I condition mine they don’t look shiny or feel greasy, but the leather is a little slippery/smooth. Sorta sounds like someone ripped one if you scoot in/out of the seat a certain way haha. I use Meguiar’s leather conditioner.

Last edited:

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice variety of products to use. The only thing I have on the list is the Crystal Seal. After you spray it, you still have to buff it off or else it will streak in my experience anyways. Let me know your thoughts on the leather conditioner, and Meg All Season Dressing.

Crystal Seal:

I haven't really noticed any streaks but it can be that I have a dark color car so it might be harder to notice. I just followed the "1 spray per panel" and applied it really thin with the microfiber applicator.

Here is a video I took the day after applying crystal seal

Leather Conditioner:

It leaves a smooth, natural, satin finish. I apply it by hand and let it sit for a few seconds and wipe it off with MF towel.

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sweet, thanks dude! PM'd.

After I condition mine they don’t look shiny or feel greasy, but the leather is a little slippery/smooth. Sorta sounds like someone ripped one if you scoot in/out of the seat a certain way haha. I use Meguiar’s leather conditioner.

Pm replied Chris. Do you apply it and buff it off after? Kinda weird it's slippery if you buffed it off completely.

Crystal Seal:

I haven't really noticed any streaks but it can be that I have a dark color car so it might be harder to notice. I just followed the "1 spray per panel" and applied it really thin with the microfiber applicator.

Here is a video I took the day after applying crystal seal

Leather Conditioner:

It leaves a smooth, natural, satin finish. I apply it by hand and let it sit for a few seconds and wipe it off with MF towel.

Very nice shine, and awesome paint condition. I guess the dealer didn't tell the dealer prep detailers to get it ready for delivery, so it wasn't molested. I was only able to get 4 weeks outta the Crystal Seal on my auto accord that sits out 24/7, but I did not do any prep work prior applying it. I just did a quick wash and did not decontaminate it by using an iron remover, and claying it. Basically I just washed and slapped it on haha.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very nice shine, and awesome paint condition. I guess the dealer didn't tell the dealer prep detailers to get it ready for delivery, so it wasn't molested. I was only able to get 4 weeks outta the Crystal Seal on my auto accord that sits out 24/7, but I did not do any prep work prior applying it. I just did a quick wash and did not decontaminate it by using an iron remover, and claying it. Basically I just washed and slapped it on haha.

I told the salesman not to do anything to the car. Don't wash it.. don't remove the the tags on the headrest, leave the clear film sticker and the plastic factory cover over the seats and floor and just give it to me as it came off the delivery truck.

He kept on insisting that he can have his guys clean up the car while I do the paperwork but I politely declined.

Next day I did a rinseless wash, clayed the entire car, rinseless wash again and polished and sealed it with crystal seal.

Last edited:
Back