wobble when accelerating.

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
im having the same issue....everythin on my car is pretty much new except for bearings....and upper ball joints were changed id say about 6 months ago....i was thinking axles as well....its annoying....feels lik your wheels are gonna fly off!!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Under load or deceleration puts stress on the drivetrain so if there is any slop there will be excessive noises and vibrations. If ur new axles are suspected to be bad, then your motor mounts or atleast one is trashed.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
He DID say under acceleration, not braking.

Probably your passenger side axle. My car is doing the same thing. It the vibration is particularly bad under hard acceleration going through first and second gear around the top of the torque curve and then it evens out. IIRC the passenger side axle is the primary drive axle, at least on the J series engines it is.

its not really there at all in first and second. starts wobbling noticeably in third then really bad in fourth and fifth. especially at low speeds under lots of load. I replaced the passenger side axle this morning, pulling the driver's side out now since it has a lifetime warranty on it. If its neither of those I'm hoping its just a tow issue which the car most likely has since it pulls. Only thing else it could be is ball joints but that doesn't make since cause if it were ball joints then I would think it would always wobble, and it barely does it in second even when I'm in full boost.

anyone know a trick to getting the axle out of the intermediate shaft? the passenger side was a breeze with a small pry bar but after like 40 minutes of prying I still can't get the driver's side to pop out of the intermediate shaft.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
my car vibrated horribly under acceleration..it was my passenger side axle. looked fine but once i replaced it,its been perfect ever since. I happened a few months ago.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
haha I litterally just finished reading that thread like 30 seconds ago. I'm gonna pull the driver's side out and get it warrantied. hopefully thats it. It feels like an inner cv joint to me but neither was ripped so I just assumed it was the passenger side since I replaced the driver's side less then 6 months ago.

F23a1racer

Reaction score
Definitely check the motor mounts, right side mount and trans mount, but im pretty sure those will be your cause. Mine does the same thing, and so bad that it destroyed the flex joint on my header, and cracked the welds up at the top of the header there was so much movement. I just ordered a set of innovatives so now I wait on shipping.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
id prolly say its the passenger side..due to thats the drive axle if im not mistaking..gets all the abuse

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Definitely check the motor mounts, right side mount and trans mount, but im pretty sure those will be your cause. Mine does the same thing, and so bad that it destroyed the flex joint on my header, and cracked the welds up at the top of the header there was so much movement. I just ordered a set of innovatives so now I wait on shipping.
like I said before I filled the mounts with 3m window weld when I had them out during my turbo build. so they only have about 3k miles on them.

id prolly say its the passenger side..due to thats the drive axle if im not mistaking..gets all the abuse

Correct....like I said though...at least on the J series it is.

ya I know. but I replaced that one this morning and it didn't fix the problem. getting the driver's side tomorrow morning for free since it has a lifetime warranty from auto zone. hopefully that fixes the issue.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Hey bro, to get it out put a thin tipped prybar up there in the small space, and try to hammer it in. I found a pry-hammer to work best! otherwise, use a prybar wedge it in as you hit the round part closest to the joint with a mallet or hammer as you put force up on the prybar in the space to wedge it off.

It could really be something as simple as your lugs being tight.. I know that's probably not the case, but that has been an issue for me in the past, really! Make sure all the front suspension bolts are tight as well, and check all balljoints.

Back