can someone explain this please

Lucid

Reaction score
I know, I know uuuuuuummmmmm electric bicycle. "croses fingers"

AFAccord

Reaction score
Are you looking at one of those "performance chips"??? 20hp in 20 min for $20?? Avoid those like the plague. It's simply a resistor that you put in place of your intake air temperature sensor. The resistance of it theoretically makes the sensor see super cool air coming in, and the ECU will add more fuel and possibly advance the timing to compensate for this 'falsely dense air'. This may give you 3-4hp for a short while, (3-400miles) until all the extra fuel that's being wasted burns up your oxygen sensors, fouls spark plugs, and wreaks havok on your gas mileage. Then you've got $100+ in fouled sensors to replace.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
I wonder if it does anything for us guys with bolt-ons and increased airflow over the stock motors... I feel like our ECUs don't really compensate as much as they should fuel-wise.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Stock Honda ECU's run PIG RICH from the factory for safety/reliability purposes. This mod only makes it run even more rich, to the point of fouling sensors. The only compensating our ECUs should be doing is leaning out the fuel mixture, and having a more dynamic control over timing.

Back