Radiator question/wheel question

turbo_911

Reaction score
I had a quick question. Does the radiator suppose to wobble on top where it is holding by support or should it be really tight in? Reason why I am asking, mine wobbles and when I drive it sometimes makes noise plus I think something is making noise in the like in the front right wheel. I checked everything when I took the wheel off, and everything is tight, no loose bolts, suspension it tight too. I guess I have to take a video to really show what I mean when I drive over cracks on the road it makes like a "thump" noise. Not sure how to explain it but it just started like 1 week ago, and it wasn't there before.

I checked basically everything and out of ideas. Lol if you have any idea, please recommend me, and I'll check. Thanks.

BMArias15

Reaction score
It should be tight and secure, shouldnt have any play what so ever... recheck all the mounts on the radiator, even the bottm too, you dont want that puppy coming too loose and falling off somehow while driving

as for the right wheel thing, im clueless :hide:

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
mine is loose and has been loose for years. i don't have any noise going over bumps.
check your axle for the wheel noise.

turbo_911

Reaction score
mine is loose and has been loose for years. i don't have any noise going over bumps.
check your axle for the wheel noise.

I checked that, it is not axle. I thought it has something to do with suspension, as when I drive and some places have small potholes and when I go over them I goes "thump" and that's it.

I guess I will make a video to see what I mean, as it is hard to explain. lol

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
It should be tight and secure, shouldnt have any play what so ever... recheck all the mounts on the radiator, even the bottm too, you dont want that puppy coming too loose and falling off somehow while driving

as for the right wheel thing, im clueless :hide:

+1 for the radiator. It should have no play.

I could think of a couple things why you would make that sound for your wheel... When going over bumps you might be bottoming out.. Could be time to replace your shocks/springs. Or have you noticed any leaks in that area? I'm thinking CV boot could make that sound. If theres any rips or cracking you should replace it.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Mine has always been loose. Everything on my car is loose, fallen off, or over torque'd :D

that's why we drive accords. lol but my radiator has always been loose too.

did you check all your bushings? ball joints? move your swaybar up and down see if you hear anything. check your shocks too?

turbo_911

Reaction score
+1 for the radiator. It should have no play.

I could think of a couple things why you would make that sound for your wheel... When going over bumps you might be bottoming out.. Could be time to replace your shocks/springs. Or have you noticed any leaks in that area? I'm thinking CV boot could make that sound. If theres any rips or cracking you should replace it.

Coilovers are only 3 months old and it just started 1 week ago as I am on pretty stiff setting at 12k spring and I'm not bottoming out, even though I am tucking in tire.

All CV boots are in good condition, no cracks, no nothing.

Mine has always been loose. Everything on my car is loose, fallen off, or over torque'd :D

Haha same here. Except mine is still holding and didn't fall off. I guess that's what we get fore being low and on stiff setting.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
at 12k spring rate, you are bound to start rattling things that aren't tightened down a part :lawl:

My suspension makes all kinds of noise. It is natural.

Back