p1259 vtec system malfunction

mello_jdm

Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking for help on what parts should I order to fix this problem. My check engine light is on and is giving the code p1259. I been searching and found out that I need to replace the valve assembly spool the whole piece. Now I was told by someone that I should just buy the Vtec solenoid and the sensor. I went to the hondapartsnow.com and see the whole piece and within I can buy the solenoid, but I don't see any sensor unless the person was talking about. Can anyone help me identify that sensor or should I just buy the whole piece which is number 12 on http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-...4dr_exv6-ka-4at/oil-pump-oil-strainer-v6.html

RawCarnage

Reaction score
have you tried removing it and cleaning it? maybe you should try that before spending cash. might just be a dirty filter.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
It's very rare for a vtec solenoid to fail, like a less than 1% chance. Try disassembling it cleaning it out and replace all the gaskets when putting it back together. But first check the screen filter when you take the solenoid off

mello_jdm

Reaction score
Yes I did that guys. I change the oil and change the gasket as well, but the code still there. Thank you.

james'99

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the code? That code won't just go away. There is also an oil pressure switch on there that can get carbon in it and cause it to throw that code. Did you clean that out?

To clear the code, pull the back up fuse in the passenger side fuse box for 30 seconds. Warm up the vehicle, then get on in. If it revs past 4k, you're good. Do it through 1st and second gear to make sure. When I did the job on an Integra, it would always get through 1st and second and throw the code in third.

mello_jdm

Reaction score
I did not ckean the switch. But I did turn off the code with the scanner when I change the oil and change the filter. The code will stay if until I got on the highway and try to speed up. The code come on when I hit around 4000 rev But driving under 60mph. Other time I hit 100mph without reaching 4000 rev and the code won't come on. Then again I try to speed up pass 100mph and hit 6000rev then the code come back on again. there was few time while drving on the highway when the code will turn off by it seldand it will last few days off. Also when the code come on I feel like if the car brake by it self and I have to let go of the gas pedal. If I keep on pressing the gas pedal the car start to shake like trying to take off.

james'99

Reaction score
S843E1301.gif

As I see it, the VTEC solenoid is functional. You get the revs (4000-6000) at low speeds, right?

Go ahead and pull #17, spray brake cleaner in there. Watch your eye. There may be a lot of carbon in there and you will get it in your eye if you aren't careful. First hand experience.

Put it back on, try again.

mello_jdm

Reaction score
Exactly from 4000 to 6000 rev at low speed. Some time at 3500 rev. If I clean the pressure switch and change the oild. And the code remains is it posible it could be the solenoid?

james'99

Reaction score
Exactly from 4000 to 6000 rev at low speed. Some time at 3500 rev. If I clean the pressure switch and change the oild. And the code remains is it posible it could be the solenoid?

Possibly but not likely. Did you take it all apart and reassemble? If you did, did you reinstall the plunger correctly, etc?

mello_jdm

Reaction score
No. I just took it apart to change the filter. Then put it back together. The old filter seen to be clean but I still change it. I will be cleaning the switch pressure soon. Im trying to find all the solution posible. Thankz a lot for the help. One last question is the plunger the switch pressure?

Back