SOLVED - Car Grinding Noise & Crank No Start 1999 Accord v6 -Sloved

Akuza

Reaction score
So two issues noticed today. First while driving, accelerating around 0-20 mph and sometimes slowing down, I would hear some sort of grinding on the right passenger side wheel. I am assuming its either some type of bearing or brake rotor, problem is I have no idea the range of parts that could create that noise as I am no mechanic so hopefully you guys can help me out on diagnosing that so if i have to go to a mechanic I know exactly what to make him look for or whatever.Besides that I felt no slipping of my transmission or anything that would really affect my driving, it was just a noise.

Next, on the same day after going to an auto salvage and being there for about an hour, it was a hot day over 90 degrees, I head back to the car and when I try to turn it on I get a crank but no start. It sounded similarly to when trying to turn on the car with a key that wasn't coded for the car, like if the car was just not getting the gas and it wasn't catching. So after a couple guys came out and tried to help me out most of them suggested it was an electrical problem or needing to clean some pipe that leads to the motor. Also its safe to say that even when i turned off the car completely, my brake lights remained on, suggesting the brake pedal was stuck, so that can be a contributing factor or something like the security system keeping the car from starting. Finally, basically some mechanic from the auto salvage came out, we told him what was going on, got in the car turned on the ignition and said he floored it when turning the key, and bam it turned on. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciating.

UPDATE

Ended up needing a new battery, noise most likely due to break pads or some minor wear on parts on the wheel, also possibly bearings.

Last edited:

Ironade

Reaction score
Re: Car Grinding Noise & Crank No Start 1999 Accord v6

It could be a dead battery or bad alternator. You can try to recharge the battery and put it back in your car, and then let it running for a while. If it died again, then it's possible that an alternator is bad. I have no idea about the noise on your right passenger side wheel..

Back