What car to get next? [Updated with pictures!]

Excuse_M3_DCT

Reaction score
What about an X5M? If I had your budget, that's exactly where I'd be headed.

That is a fine choice, but I dislike driving SUV's. Thank you for your suggestion.

In relation to your dealership search, what manufacturer are you looking for? I'm out in Suffolk county which is a ride from NYC, but not terrible if it means getting good service :thumbup:

I have a close relationship with Bayside BMW, and my friend works at a Nissan dealership so I'm set for those two. I'm looking for good Audi, Mercedes, and possibly Porsche dealerships. Please recommend me some if you know of any, I'll tell em you sent me.

Oh, and due to RedRyders suggestion, any Lexus dealerships as well. I'd like to test drive the IS-F before I pull the trigger on any purchase.

Haha I wish... I am not that rich but maybe someday :)

For now I am driving E36 M3 :)

I guess Mec AMG is your best bet and best choice right now. I don't see any other cars that would fit you. And I love those AMG's lol. Sounds nice and look amazing too.

Work hard, play hard! I always go by that motto lol.

The E36 M3 is a fine car, never got a chance to drove one though. The raw feeling of the E46 is amazing, its so refined. I'm sure the E36 feels more "raw".

Haha yeah, I'm leaning towards the AMG.

Maybe it’s time to become one. haha

But seriously, if you haven't seen the interior of this car...do yourself a favor and look it up. It is amazing.

It is a beast. But not the best looking of all the cars you’re considering if you ask me. And if you’re buying new I think it would pretty near the top of your budget.

:coffee:

And if you’d consider an S5, I’d consider an S6 too unless you’re set on a coupe.

In all honesty though, if you’re wanting something truly different and better than your M3, the Merc and the Audi are not leagues apart…you might be happiest and have no regrets if you go with the GTR...it is simply beyond what you have been driving. Though the 2nd gen models are around the top of your budget.

But if you're just looking for different and not necessarily hugely better…the AMG or S5 certainly fits the bill.

I'm actually making a list of dealerships that have high ratings and I'll be sure to check out a Lexus dealership before I make any moves.

Haha yes, I've never been much of an Audi guy but after a brief conversation with a my manager (who drives an R8) he really got me excited about the S5 (no pun intended of course). :bash:

I strongly agree on your comment regarding how the M3, AMG, and S classes aren't much different but sometimes simplicity is good. I'm kinda leaning away from the GTR now.

Anyways, I'll be making a decision soon. Will keep you guys posted!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sweet! Good luck, I have no more suggestions for you. haha

And I did not suggest the IS-F btw, maybe you meant Jag. :)

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
cant wait to see what you decide on.

and have you been to anchor bar or duffs? if not, next you go up that way, definitely go to one...or both of them...best wings ive ever had

J30MAN

Reaction score
This thread makes me jealous :squintrun:

But anyways if I had your "New Car Budget" it would be towards a 2012 Lexus LS460L AWD. But everyones got different tastes.

crossfire

Reaction score
I suggested the IS-F. I do have to add the Hyundai Genesis Coupe as a suggestion. Can't forget the Koreans. The Genesis Coupe is a bit of a different path. But spending 30K on a car and having 50K to tune it to be as fast and fun as the other cars you mentioned ain't not a bad path either.

Excuse_M3_DCT

Reaction score
Sweet! Good luck, I have no more suggestions for you. haha

And I did not suggest the IS-F btw, maybe you meant Jag. :)

I apologize, its been hard to keep track of the posts, car shop, finals, and handle work at the same time. :beer:

The Jag is excellent as well! If I find a dealership close by I'll definitely check it out. Appreciate it dude.

cant wait to see what you decide on.

and have you been to anchor bar or duffs? if not, next you go up that way, definitely go to one...or both of them...best wings ive ever had

I've heard about anchor bar but I haven't had the time to visit... When I heard up there I usually visit the bro's at the University.

Which University (if you're a student) do you attend? If you don't mind me asking.

This thread makes me jealous :squintrun:

But anyways if I had your "New Car Budget" it would be towards a 2012 Lexus LS460L AWD. But everyones got different tastes.

Hmm if I had to choose between a 7, S, or LS, I think I'd choose the S class. The safety features on it are mind-blowing :run:

I suggested the IS-F. I do have to add the Hyundai Genesis Coupe as a suggestion. Can't forget the Koreans. The Genesis Coupe is a bit of a different path. But spending 30K on a car and having 50K to tune it to be as fast and fun as the other cars you mentioned ain't not a bad path either.

Whoops, sorry about that lol I got it mixed up. Too much work lately, can't keep track of posts :madrun:

Hyundai is really stepping it up lately. My brothers friend was cross shopping between a 335 and a Hyundai sport coupe, he went with the 3.8 R-spec, needless to say, he LOVES it! I haven't the chance to test drive it but he's really protective of his cars, doubt I'd be able to drive it.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Sorry, I just thought this thread was hilarious. Most of us only own our Accords which top out at like $7500 off a dealer lot. It is just funny seeing dude shoot ideas down.

That said, I would go with an S5. I have loved that car for awhile. It is a great performer but is still very practical. It stands out from the crowd but isn't overstated. I would just throw it on some coilovers and some BBS LM and have one of the best looking cars around.

I would spend the money I saved on a 2000ish Jag XJR and paint my 71 XJ6 the same color, whatever I ended up choosing. You would probably skip this part.

Back