Shaking under acceleration

Priddin

Reaction score
I have been lurking throughout the internet for a while and have found a number of fixes for the problem i have but it doesnt seem like anyone quite has the SAME issue i am having.

My car was slightly shaking under load before i did a clutch job on the car.

When you press on the gas the car shakes and when you let off it does not shake at all.

I did some testing and it does not shake at all in first, so slightly that im not sure if its in my head in 2nd and very violently in 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

The car shake under load (ie going up a hill or getting up to speed) between 2750 rpm and 3750. After that the car almost all the way stops shaking and below that there is no shake. Again this is only on acceleration.

I took the axles out to remove the transmission and the boots looked fine. I did replace the front motor mount as it was all torn but the other 3 look to be in fine shape. The ball joints need to be replaced as the boots are starting to be torn but there was no play in the wheels yet.

I had a tire that was going flat and i had it replaced yesterday with no changed at all to the shaking.

This is a new issue and not something that has been like this more than 3-4 weeks and i have owned the car for about a year.

I do not feel the wheel shaking AT ALL but pretty much only in the body and the pedals. My girlfriend can feel it when she rides with me plain as day as well.

I want to get some advice before i start throwing money on this and that.

This is a Coupe LX F23 5 Speed.

Also there is no clicking clunking or any noise whatsoever coming from the axles, and nothing changes when im turning either directions.

Somebody1

Reaction score
You said the body and pedal shakes, what pedal?

It should go without saying but make sure the bolts on the motor mounts are properly torqued

Last edited:

Priddin

Reaction score
Im sure its very self explanatory now, but it was the drivers side axle. Motor mounts were fine but thats what i checked first. Took me 45 minutes from start to finish to change it out and the shaking went away 100%

Back