Double DIN tv

Mikey

Reaction score
Screen, display--whatever. Making this thread for the 2nd time...

Im basically wanting to find out what my options are for something that plays CDs, DVDs and maybe even has GPS.

Ive heard Pioneer but Im looking at a grand at least if I go that way. Probably a grand for anything, regardless.

Some of my other concerns are installation ease/difficulty, fitment and compatability.

Ive heard/seen that, for the most part, they're pretty easy and straight-forward to install, so, that's good to know.

What about OEM? I know the 4Gs came with a weird little Navi thing so I imagine the 6G did, too. Is this true? What about Odyssey or TL parts?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
i heard somewhere that the installation is the same as any other stereo .. and isnt the avic like $400 ?

Mikey

Reaction score
More like $500 or $600. Those arent bad. I hadnt seen those before. They're just CD/DVD though. And If I want my SIRUS to carry over, I need other things.

I have Navi on my phone but it'd be much easier to have it in-car. Those Pioneers arent bad though. Thanks.

What is everyone's opinion on brands? Pioneer or nothing? Lol.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Yea, Pioneer's are a few hundred. My pioneer avic d3 recently got stolen, so i bought a pioneer avic x920bt for $450. It was used for about 2 months. Decent unit so far. Let me know if you have any pioneer questions

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

img4850y.jpg

Love it

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My pioneer avic d3 recently got stolen...

This is what is stopping me from getting one of these. They look so cool and of course would be awesome to have because of what they can do…but if my car got broken into and something this expensive got stolen…ugh

Mikey

Reaction score
Exactly. Especially since my ****'s been broken into before. Well, it was my old 4G with no alarm, but still. It happened when my car was in my driveway!

Detachable face...?

Adancito

Reaction score
I personally have a Kenwood DDX7019..but i'll be upgrading to a Pioneer Avic Z2. The avic Z2 when off completely turns the face when off. I don't think they made DDin's with detachable faces.

Back