Help Me Convince My self to keep my car...

nyknick1015

Reaction score
So for those that know me, I have only owned honda accords, 4th, 5th, 6th gen. I was at Best Dubs (dunno y its called that) but its a tuner store in queens about to buy new rims and some other small stuff... and before i pay for it, i just realized... I REALLY HATE MY CAR!!!

I dont hate it but i feel like i need more. Its becoming slow and this auto tranny is really killing me... somedays i just wanna run it into a pole and it will give me a reason to get a new car... nothing is wrong with it, im just really bored with my car. I go to the car was to think that will revive my lust a bit but it hasnt.

Its just slow, auto tranny, not as fun to drive anymore, i can never keep my lip clean with out chipping paint or anything, and my i need new wheels... tires really. I want to boost but i dont want to boost and then lose the structural integrity of the motor and then i sell the car, but if i dont boost then it will drive me crazy to even drive... some1 convince me plz

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
5 speed swap it. it really brings the power out more. its really fun to drive then too.

going from my 98 auto, to my 99 5 speed, its a big difference in the power that you feel.

also, if you do that, you could just pull the engine with it and do a full wire truck.

Bond4387

Reaction score
I wish I could help you, but I can't lol. I've always wanted a fast car, and the Accord I own, is not. Sure, I think the car is beautiful, but power, it lacks.

I'd love a 5 speed swap, but there's no way in hell I could afford it.

Good luck in whatever decision you make.

likeawp

Reaction score
^agree on the 5speed swap.........I don't have 5speed but I can approve of how fun a 5speed accord is compared to auto

My car is automatic too and its slow......since I'm not really anal about ride comfort and interior.......I removed my power-steering, air conditioner, bought light wheels, stripped carpet, removed all the tar in cabin and trunk........and the car became much more fun to drive even with the automatic transmission.......its not fast but its quicker without all these unnecessary weights bogging it down.........I don't think you would do all these things but I'm just stating from personal experience haha

if you have lust for a more powerful sporty car then I don't think the 6thgen would satisfy you any longer.........to me the 6thgen is a reliable commuting car that can also be fun in the corners :thumbsup:

dynasty

Reaction score
man, if you don't want it, then give it up. to truthfully, if you want more boost, then do an engine swap. even if you buy another car, you will think of putting another engine in it anyways. about the tires and lip chipping, you will get the same with every other car.

to me, the Accord is classy and something that people can barely call your car "rice" compare to a Civic.

you need someone to inspire you and not convince you. i'm sure there is someone who is boosted with auto transmission. bound to have at least one person. but that's real talk for you homie.

Silver_Ghost

Reaction score
Aye mane,if u do end up buying a better car u mite as well stay with the honda family and get the TSX 6spd.its similar 2 the JDM accords. The 7th gen 4cyl accords not too much faster than ours but its a DOHC so u can do more with it. Or u cud save money by just droppin in a h23vtec,h22,g23,or even a f20 in ur accord with a 5spd lsd tranny. Sure itll cost ya a few grand but it wont cost as much as a new car ya diigg?

jaz

Reaction score
if you really feel this way... ditch the accord... buy one of these...

69fastback2_lg.jpg

all negative feelings towards the accord will just converge into pity :thumbsup:

once you go fastback.. you'll never go back...

Back