Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Showroom > Members Rides

Members Rides Show it off and get some feedback from fellow Accord owners

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:27 PM
f23.Tetsusaiga f23.Tetsusaiga is offline
Member
Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 98
Rep Power: 10
f23.Tetsusaiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

Yeah, no problem. If you do end up having to get a new set just ask for Leroy, he's a supervisor there who resolved my issue.
Like I said earlier, if you're able get them professionally installed definitely do it, it will save you a lot more trouble.
If you do get a bum set, don't settle, keep trying to send you out a set and talk with Leroy, they should resolve it. Hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, you're prepared now, lol.
Happy driving.

-ac
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-15-2015, 02:58 AM
f23.Tetsusaiga f23.Tetsusaiga is offline
Member
Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 98
Rep Power: 10
f23.Tetsusaiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

Hey Everyone,

Just updated this thread with a picture (scroll down) of my new Koni/GC set up waiting to be installed! I'm extremely excited! Like I said in the update, I will be sure to post a detailed review of this set up and of my current.

Happy driving everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-15-2015, 09:41 AM
RedRyder's Avatar
RedRyder RedRyder is offline
Be a better driver


Points: 71,371, Level: 82 Points: 71,371, Level: 82 Points: 71,371, Level: 82
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fawking, OH
Posts: 18,993
Rep Power: 137
RedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit together
Member Photo Albums
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

Nice, congrats! Our rates are sort of close, I went with 600/450.

I installed mine myself and have some pictures still I think, so if you're doing it and have any questions feel free to ask.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-15-2015, 01:52 PM
f23.Tetsusaiga f23.Tetsusaiga is offline
Member
Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 98
Rep Power: 10
f23.Tetsusaiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

Thanks! I'm super excited to get them installed. I won't be doing it though, but thank you. I will check that out regardless. Dod you post a review to the suspension thread? I don't remember seeing one from you but I could be mistaken. I do remember a post by you talking highly about this set up though.
Yeah they are, how are those rates treating you? I wanted to go as stiff as possible w/o needing to revalve so I kept upping them. Plus I often drive my family so I wanted to compensate for any extra weight.
Thanks for the response!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-06-2015, 11:07 PM
f23.Tetsusaiga f23.Tetsusaiga is offline
Member
Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 98
Rep Power: 10
f23.Tetsusaiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

UPDATE: Installed my Koni/GC setup, picture added to the bottom and a review posted to "THE Suspension Review Thread"
Also, updated some of the information noting what is current on my car (shift knob, suspension, etc.)
Let me know what you think, good or bad!



Happy Driving,

Avery
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-01-2015, 01:30 AM
phi1542's Avatar
phi1542 phi1542 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,232, Level: 18 Points: 4,232, Level: 18 Points: 4,232, Level: 18
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento, California
Age: 22
Posts: 702
Rep Power: 21
phi1542 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

How are you liking the Cipher seats? I was thinking of getting the leather ones to replace my dying OEM ones lol but I heard some pretty bad reviews on how the fitment of the brackets and stuff were crap... Made me second guess it. Whats your review on them?
__________________
Simply Clean
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-01-2015, 01:28 PM
f23.Tetsusaiga f23.Tetsusaiga is offline
Member
Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 98
Rep Power: 10
f23.Tetsusaiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

Originally Posted by phi1542 View Post
How are you liking the Cipher seats? I was thinking of getting the leather ones to replace my dying OEM ones lol but I heard some pretty bad reviews on how the fitment of the brackets and stuff were crap... Made me second guess it. Whats your review on them?
Hey Phi,

Uhm, they're alright haha. I'm a pretty slim guy (6', 145lbs) so take that into perspective. But yeah their somewhat comfortable for me although I have a weak lower back atm so it's hard to tell. Fitment wise, yeah they were hard to install, had to have someone sit on the seat and apply pressure to get the bracket in place to bolt it down, lol. Also the driver seat is like a different size than the passenger. The driver seat is a little bigger. I probably could have fabricated the buckle to be on the other side so I could have the passenger seat but that's a project for another day, lol. I hear there's a place in oc that specializes in aftermarket seats you can test out. I wanted a pair of seats to replace my worn in oem ones. I wish I could have sat in one though because I'm not 100% comfortable in my seat. The place with the seats is called Race Technologies! I would look there first!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-01-2015, 01:36 PM
phi1542's Avatar
phi1542 phi1542 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,232, Level: 18 Points: 4,232, Level: 18 Points: 4,232, Level: 18
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento, California
Age: 22
Posts: 702
Rep Power: 21
phi1542 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

Originally Posted by f23.Tetsusaiga View Post
Hey Phi,

Uhm, they're alright haha. I'm a pretty slim guy (6', 145lbs) so take that into perspective. But yeah their somewhat comfortable for me although I have a weak lower back atm so it's hard to tell. Fitment wise, yeah they were hard to install, had to have someone sit on the seat and apply pressure to get the bracket in place to bolt it down, lol. Also the driver seat is like a different size than the passenger. The driver seat is a little bigger. I probably could have fabricated the buckle to be on the other side so I could have the passenger seat but that's a project for another day, lol. I hear there's a place in oc that specializes in aftermarket seats you can test out. I wanted a pair of seats to replace my worn in oem ones. I wish I could have sat in one though because I'm not 100% comfortable in my seat. The place with the seats is called Race Technologies! I would look there first!
Is their seats expensive? My reason for cipher is the price haha do they do in store only or online too because orange county is like 8hours away from me lol I'm starting to stray away from cipher because they seem to have common fitment issues and installation is a hassle. Any other seats for a good price? Recaro and stuff is expensive as hell. I might just reupholster my OEM ones instead for the same price lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
__________________
Simply Clean

Last edited by phi1542; 12-01-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-01-2015, 01:51 PM
f23.Tetsusaiga f23.Tetsusaiga is offline
Member
Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14 Points: 2,559, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 98
Rep Power: 10
f23.Tetsusaiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

Originally Posted by phi1542 View Post
Is their seats expensive? My reason for cipher is the price haha do they do in store only or online too because orange county is like 8hours away from me lol I'm starting to stray away from cipher because they seem to have common fitment issues and installation is a hassle. Any other seats for a good price? Recaro and stuff is expensive as hell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I'm not sure honestly. I went to a local Susie shop whom I heard would know of a racing seat shop and they told me this place has inexpensive to expensive racing seats, didn't throw out any numbers. Yeah my seats with the brackets (which took a little over 2 months to get because they make them when you buy) it came out to about 600. For 2 seats. Other seats, from what I've seen get up there. Although I saw a new recaro online for 800. Honestly, I would stay away from cipher if you can. Idk what your situation is like, mine is I'm tall and have a weak back, they didn't work for me and they're 2 diff sizes. They honestly might work for you, some companies in the aftermarket world are slippery, you know? Sometimes you get something awesome that works for you sometimes you don't, lol. Experience is teaching me wait and get the better option, the one with a better reputation and quality. It was fun doing it in the beginning though, trying different stuff out, some things considered...dare I say... rice lol. Don't worry I've calmed down since, haha. But yeah man, maybe you can ask around your local shops if they know of a place by you!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-01-2015, 01:57 PM
phi1542's Avatar
phi1542 phi1542 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,232, Level: 18 Points: 4,232, Level: 18 Points: 4,232, Level: 18
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento, California
Age: 22
Posts: 702
Rep Power: 21
phi1542 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

Originally Posted by f23.Tetsusaiga View Post
I'm not sure honestly. I went to a local Susie shop whom I heard would know of a racing seat shop and they told me this place has inexpensive to expensive racing seats, didn't throw out any numbers. Yeah my seats with the brackets (which took a little over 2 months to get because they make them when you buy) it came out to about 600. For 2 seats. Other seats, from what I've seen get up there. Although I saw a new recaro online for 800. Honestly, I would stay away from cipher if you can. Idk what your situation is like, mine is I'm tall and have a weak back, they didn't work for me and they're 2 diff sizes. They honestly might work for you, some companies in the aftermarket world are slippery, you know? Sometimes you get something awesome that works for you sometimes you don't, lol. Experience is teaching me wait and get the better option, the one with a better reputation and quality. It was fun doing it in the beginning though, trying different stuff out, some things considered...dare I say... rice lol. Don't worry I've calmed down since, haha. But yeah man, maybe you can ask around your local shops if they know of a place by you!
Yeah I learned you get what you pay for so I might consider real seats in the future haha but the shop near me does the whole seat $325 each front/passenger so it's like the same price haha plus I keep my automatic driver seat thanks for the info!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
__________________
Simply Clean
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3