Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Showroom > Members Rides

Members Rides Show it off and get some feedback from fellow Accord owners

Register to remove these ads

Old 05-30-2016, 10:26 AM
Points: 2,289, Level: 13 Points: 2,289, Level: 13 Points: 2,289, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

TedMicer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CBO's 99 Accord EX sedan thread

you got a clean start no rot...just keep it clean n simple n find which route you going (TRACK, FLUSH, STANCE, JDM, UKDM, ETC)
SNAPCHAT: t3dd09
Twitter: @t3dd__
Old 02-27-2017, 08:16 PM
Points: 1,924, Level: 12 Points: 1,924, Level: 12 Points: 1,924, Level: 12

CBO is somewhat reliable

Well the paint on my hood is fading slightly so it's time to learn how to wrap. Just bought a 4'x5' piece.

There is a small dent/scratch I'll be filling in as well so it will look perfect when wrapped. I also stripped the paint off of the wheels.

The paint was hiding some serious curb rash unfortunately so I'll have to do some sanding. I'll probably paint them again but just a glossy silver color this time. I ordered new rear struts those are on the way. I just bought monroe's from rock auto. They're nitrogen charged and got a full set for $120 shipped. I spend most of my money on my 4runner rock crawler not the honda. But it feels good to show my DD a little love.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:36 AM
Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15

Blazinqwickly is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums

Just a shock change alone will make a car feel much more connected to the road, keep up the progress and you will have one very rewarding car.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:43 AM

CBO is somewhat reliable

Originally Posted by Blazinqwickly View Post
Just a shock change alone will make a car feel much more connected to the road, keep up the progress and you will have one very rewarding car.
Yeah the suspension rattles really loud over bumps it is super annoying! The rear is worst so I'm starting there. Front probably needs it too. I'm definitely getting a little excited to make some more improvements.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:12 AM
Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15

Blazinqwickly is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums

While you are in there changing the shocks I am sure you are aware, but it is a good time to check all the bushings / inner outer tie rods / ball joints / CV joints.

It's just typical things to look for on these cars that I see go bad when they have seen some road time, I upgraded my own and wife's car to the serviceable gusher bearing style tie rod ends and ball joints for the fact that when you separate them for future work on other parts, you end up kind of having to mash all the grease out with the tools to get the joints apart. So this gives you a way of getting the grease back into the joint and extending it's life by flushing it with grease at service intervals.

I Enjoy doing that a lot more then pulling a knuckle/hub assembly apart every time to hammer, then press it in and add a new snap ring and reassemble.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:01 PM
Points: 552, Level: 6 Points: 552, Level: 6 Points: 552, Level: 6
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blazinqwickly View Post
While you are in there changing the shocks I am sure you are aware, but it is a good time to check all the bushings / inner outer tie rods / ball joints / CV joints.

It's just typical things to look for on these cars that I see go bad when they have seen some road time, I upgraded my own and wife's car to the serviceable gusher bearing style tie rod ends and ball joints for the fact that when you separate them for future work on other parts, you end up kind of having to mash all the grease out with the tools to get the joints apart. So this gives you a way of getting the grease back into the joint and extending it's life by flushing it with grease at service intervals.

I Enjoy doing that a lot more then pulling a knuckle/hub assembly apart every time to hammer, then press it in and add a new snap ring and reassemble.
I'd also look at the sway bar end links, and the rubber bushings that hold the sway bar to the sub-frames (front and rear). I only mention them, as my wife's 2000 Sedan needed them (end links) replaced after we had that "polar vortex" roll thru here a year ago. The nylon separated from the steel cups, and rattled like crazy over the bumps, pot holes, and rail road tracks that surround us. I used Moog life saver (? the more costly ones) parts from Rock Auto, as I could buy 2 bushings from them for the cost of 1 durazone bushing. I've got a set here waiting for my 99 Accord too, as I saw 1 of them had separated too.
I like what you've been doing with your ride though.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:14 PM

CBO is somewhat reliable

Ok, so I got beef with the "DIY master list" post on this site.
This one...:

The write up for strut replacement is garbage. It left out several key steps and information needed to do the job. My experience tonight was terrible as a result. And I'm no stranger to wrenching, I built a rock crawler (my 1st love) and I have to say I enjoy working on that 1000x more than this honda. I will be doing my own write up for the rear strut replacement. Mods can decide to add it to the master list. But God be praised I installed one strut. LOL.

Last edited by CBO; 03-01-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:31 AM

CBO is somewhat reliable

The write up has been posted. Heres the link:

CBO's rear strut replacement write-up
Old 03-08-2017, 05:37 PM

CBO is somewhat reliable

The gloss carbon fiber wrap showed up.

It looks like a high quality wrap. I'm excited to put it on. the rear struts I put on make a huge difference. Nice ride. I definitely reccomend the Monroe's as a stock replacement. Now that the rears are done I realize how bad the fronts are too. Someday I'll hafta do those.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Points: 1,336, Level: 9 Points: 1,336, Level: 9 Points: 1,336, Level: 9
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Accordx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO View Post
The gloss carbon fiber wrap showed up.

It looks like a high quality wrap. I'm excited to put it on. the rear struts I put on make a huge difference. Nice ride. I definitely reccomend the Monroe's as a stock replacement. Now that the rears are done I realize how bad the fronts are too. Someday I'll hafta do those.
Haha I just replaced my fronts with Monroes and you can definitely feel the difference. I'm looking to get a pair for the back sometime soon as well. I like the carbon fiber theme you got going on too.