Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Showroom > Members Rides

Members Rides Show it off and get some feedback from fellow Accord owners

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 03-31-2017, 09:47 PM
Blazinqwickly Blazinqwickly is offline
Member
Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 52
Rep Power: 0
Blazinqwickly is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

I always have liked that style wheel next to the "Blades" they made for this car from the factory.

I think this is a great beater bomb in the making and I like you are passionate about it regardless, that's how car love should be.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Connie Connie is offline
Senior Member
Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 253
Rep Power: 10
Connie is somewhat reliable
New parts car!

So I picked up another 6G last night as a parts car.
My first 4-door!
It's a 1998 V6, bought it for the rebuilt transmission that's in it.
Paid $400, I'm sure I'll make my money back in parts and in not having to buy new parts when I break stuff lol.



__________________
2002 Accord V6 Coupe, "Connie", 504,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, "Midnight", 207,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, 412,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Coupe, 266,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Sedan, 278,000km
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-01-2017, 09:54 AM
Connie Connie is offline
Senior Member
Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 253
Rep Power: 10
Connie is somewhat reliable
Re: Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
Yeah, I thought it was the very rusty looking line that ran down the frame rail, but it was the curved line at the rear of the steering rack. The high pressure side of the rack has a pressure switch, and high pressure hose going to the rack from the steering pump. That's how you tell the difference between the 2 hoses.

Your new parts car sounds like my 99, other than the engine trans combo, in that mine has a 4 cylinder 5 speed. I only say that as mine is Dark Emerald Pearl (dark green), which is a good looking color on 6th gen Accords. If the fluid is brite red, I wonder if the rebuilder used Dextron fluid in it, rather than Honda fluid (it does make a difference from my research into AT failures).
I don't blame you for waiting until Midnight is up and running good with no leaks, afterall, you do drive 200km a day. You'll have to post some pics of the new one up.
Ok cool. I'll hopefully get to it this weekend, depending on how the gas tank goes. Maybe I'll even have time to start a thread for the black car.

I wish the v6 cars came with a manual. That's my only gripe with the 6th gens. Hopefully someday I get a 3d pedal into one of these cars.

Commuting is a killer for time, feels like I never get enough done, but I do enjoy my time alone in my car with my thoughts for a few hours a day. The green car looks a lot like yours. Need any parts? lol
__________________
2002 Accord V6 Coupe, "Connie", 504,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, "Midnight", 207,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, 412,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Coupe, 266,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Sedan, 278,000km
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Connie Connie is offline
Senior Member
Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 253
Rep Power: 10
Connie is somewhat reliable
Re: Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

Originally Posted by Blazinqwickly View Post
I always have liked that style wheel next to the "Blades" they made for this car from the factory.

I think this is a great beater bomb in the making and I like you are passionate about it regardless, that's how car love should be.
The blades from the 00 and 01 coupes you mean? 16"? I like them too. Have 2 sets of them at the moment

Thanks for the kind comments.
The Accords are my "warriors", taking me from Barrie to Brampton and back every day. I don't care how they look, just how they ride. People ask me all the time why I drive such awful looking cars. Most people are perfectly happy to lease or finance stuff and spend years paying it off; I like seeing how cheaply I can keep these girls going while being able to buy a whole nother car for less than the price of most people's monthly payment. Even my toys, which are pretty quick cars, have stock bodies. When I do any mods to my vehicles, I like to keep it as "sleeper" as possible.

My RX7 and XR4Ti are my "toys", but I work so much I barely get to play with them anymore. So I've been paying a bit more attention to the car I pretty much live in lately.
__________________
2002 Accord V6 Coupe, "Connie", 504,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, "Midnight", 207,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, 412,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Coupe, 266,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Sedan, 278,000km

Last edited by Connie; 04-03-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Rusty Accord Rusty Accord is offline
Senior Member
Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Kimball Michigan USA
Posts: 232
Rep Power: 4
Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New parts car!

Originally Posted by Connie View Post
So I picked up another 6G last night as a parts car.
My first 4-door!
It's a 1998 V6, bought it for the rebuilt transmission that's in it.
Paid $400, I'm sure I'll make my money back in parts and in not having to buy new parts when I break stuff lol.



That looks very good for 400 CDN. It even looks semi rust free (at least in the pics). Other than yours having 5 lugs and mine having 4, they look pretty much identical. Does it have tan cloth? Or leather? There looks to be quite a few useable parts on it, if you had another sedan. I actually like my sedan, in that I can just toss stuff behind the seat by opening the L rear door. A case of bottle beer sits on the floor behind the drivers seat, while a case of cans sits on the rear seat.

I wish Honda HAD built the 6th gen V6 cars with a MT, but unfortunately they didn't.
That's the thing I really don't understand, is that the 4 cylinder is a reverse rotation engine, but the V6 is a standard or regular rotation engine, yet both have AT troubles, and the V6 had been around since 94 at a minimum (J-27). The 4th and 5th gen ATs were pretty bulletproof, but wtf did Honda do to the 6th gen AT to make it so unreliable? I mean all V6 Accords were AT from the begining, and Honda has been offering the AT since the late 80's.
Sorry for going off on a rant, it's just something like that, that I don't understand.
__________________
Bob 1997 Accord LX sedan w/ 5 speed F22b2 235K miles currently for sale
1999 Accord LX sedan w/ 5speed F23A1 LEV 232K miles
Sue's 2000 Accord LX sedan AT F23A1 LEV 235K miles
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Connie Connie is offline
Senior Member
Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 253
Rep Power: 10
Connie is somewhat reliable
Re: New parts car!

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
That looks very good for 400 CDN. It even looks semi rust free (at least in the pics). Other than yours having 5 lugs and mine having 4, they look pretty much identical. Does it have tan cloth? Or leather? There looks to be quite a few useable parts on it, if you had another sedan. I actually like my sedan, in that I can just toss stuff behind the seat by opening the L rear door. A case of bottle beer sits on the floor behind the drivers seat, while a case of cans sits on the rear seat.

I wish Honda HAD built the 6th gen V6 cars with a MT, but unfortunately they didn't.
That's the thing I really don't understand, is that the 4 cylinder is a reverse rotation engine, but the V6 is a standard or regular rotation engine, yet both have AT troubles, and the V6 had been around since 94 at a minimum (J-27). The 4th and 5th gen ATs were pretty bulletproof, but wtf did Honda do to the 6th gen AT to make it so unreliable? I mean all V6 Accords were AT from the begining, and Honda has been offering the AT since the late 80's.
Sorry for going off on a rant, it's just something like that, that I don't understand.
I like your beer-centred thought process lol. This one is gray leather, heated seats, sunroof, pretty well loaded. It's rustier than it looks, the green hides it much better than the white does on Connie. It's going in behind the rear doors but could be saved if I wanted to take the time to do something about it.

It really is too bad that the V6 cars were all automatic. It would be such a great machine if it came stick. And I'm not a fan of the 7G styling, they just got so big! Look at a 2017 one beside a 6g, and the 6g looks so tiny! But same thing when I compare the 6gs to my old 4g, the 4g was so tiny!

And good point on the 5g autos....what the hell happened? It probably didn't have many issues, so they decided to cut costs when they went from 5g to 6g. I work in the industry and that's usually how it works. Everything that didn't have a lot of issues or complaints gets looked at as an opportunity to save a few cents making that component. A few cents times a few hundred thousand cars equals a lot of money. They really don't build things like they used to. And it's on purpose.
__________________
2002 Accord V6 Coupe, "Connie", 504,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, "Midnight", 207,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, 412,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Coupe, 266,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Sedan, 278,000km

Last edited by Connie; 04-03-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-07-2017, 12:20 AM
Rusty Accord Rusty Accord is offline
Senior Member
Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Kimball Michigan USA
Posts: 232
Rep Power: 4
Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New parts car!

Originally Posted by Connie View Post
I like your beer-centred thought process lol. This one is gray leather, heated seats, sunroof, pretty well loaded. It's rustier than it looks, the green hides it much better than the white does on Connie. It's going in behind the rear doors but could be saved if I wanted to take the time to do something about it.

It really is too bad that the V6 cars were all automatic. It would be such a great machine if it came stick. And I'm not a fan of the 7G styling, they just got so big! Look at a 2017 one beside a 6g, and the 6g looks so tiny! But same thing when I compare the 6gs to my old 4g, the 4g was so tiny!

And good point on the 5g autos....what the hell happened? It probably didn't have many issues, so they decided to cut costs when they went from 5g to 6g. I work in the industry and that's usually how it works. Everything that didn't have a lot of issues or complaints gets looked at as an opportunity to save a few cents making that component. A few cents times a few hundred thousand cars equals a lot of money. They really don't build things like they used to. And it's on purpose.
Yeah, over the years I've been shortening up my commute over the last 30 years. Back then I drove 58 miles each way to work and back. then it became 38 each way, then 11, and now about 3. It makes a big difference in what you drive. Back during the long distance running, I drove a Buick Regal (soft cushy ride), then a Chevy Cavalier wagon (fwd, large cargo area, 4spd MT), then a Chevy Astro van (no rear seating, so it had a very large cargo are for hauling stuff, which it did quite often), and then my 92 Geo Prizm, (fwd 4doorPOS). that I got cheap, and gets great fuel mileage(came in handy during the 4buck a gallon days). But then I upgraded to the 97 Accord, and I'm happy I did. I still keep the Geo around, as both a winter car, and as a back up for my wife (my wife doesn't really drive a stick). But I digress. Your new parts car looks like a nice one, mostly complete, and should donate some parts as needed (probably not the fuel tank ), but other parts should be an almost direct swap like the brakes, subframes, and other mechanical parts. Then once you've stripped it, you send it to it's final resting place.
As far as beer centered thinking goes, well I do live across the river from , and drink double doubles in the morning, plus I do drink quite a few beers after work, so I thought I'd point out some of the bonus points of having a 4 door.
__________________
Bob 1997 Accord LX sedan w/ 5 speed F22b2 235K miles currently for sale
1999 Accord LX sedan w/ 5speed F23A1 LEV 232K miles
Sue's 2000 Accord LX sedan AT F23A1 LEV 235K miles
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Blazinqwickly Blazinqwickly is offline
Member
Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 52
Rep Power: 0
Blazinqwickly is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

I have to agree with Rusty that it really does not look that bad from the pictures and that price is on point, good find man !

Beer centered build thought process FTW !

Man between Connie and Rusty I am going to have to follow you both around and pick up all the parts you drop, between all the Accords and scrap ya'll have I can build another Accord out of it, J/K !

You two are making me want to get another Accord or Integra now and have me over here hunting the local interwebs lol. See what you have started? lol

I keep telling myself "Finish these two and then you can find another daily for the two of you or even one to build and flip for a much needed hubby wife vacation."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Connie Connie is offline
Senior Member
Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15 Points: 3,045, Level: 15
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 253
Rep Power: 10
Connie is somewhat reliable
Re: Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

Originally Posted by Blazinqwickly View Post
I have to agree with Rusty that it really does not look that bad from the pictures and that price is on point, good find man !

Beer centered build thought process FTW !

Man between Connie and Rusty I am going to have to follow you both around and pick up all the parts you drop, between all the Accords and scrap ya'll have I can build another Accord out of it, J/K !

You two are making me want to get another Accord or Integra now and have me over here hunting the local interwebs lol. See what you have started? lol

I keep telling myself "Finish these two and then you can find another daily for the two of you or even one to build and flip for a much needed hubby wife vacation."
There's another V6 coupe that just came up on kijiji for $500 lol. Apparently it has new tires. I think this is the year everyone is giving up on these cars, so that's good news for me!

I've actually contemplated fixing the green one up and selling it. It just needs a gas tank (because of course it does), a hood latch, a battery and brakes from what I can tell. Just depends on how Connie's transmission behaves this summer.

Don't worry, we started a good thing! Buy more $500 Accords! Recycle and save the planet, lol. As long as you have the space, why wouldn't you?
__________________
2002 Accord V6 Coupe, "Connie", 504,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, "Midnight", 207,000km
2000 Accord V6 Coupe, 412,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Coupe, 266,000km; 1998 Accord V6 Sedan, 278,000km
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Rusty Accord Rusty Accord is offline
Senior Member
Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Kimball Michigan USA
Posts: 232
Rep Power: 4
Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

Originally Posted by Blazinqwickly View Post
I have to agree with Rusty that it really does not look that bad from the pictures and that price is on point, good find man !

Beer centered build thought process FTW !

Man between Connie and Rusty I am going to have to follow you both around and pick up all the parts you drop, between all the Accords and scrap ya'll have I can build another Accord out of it, J/K !

You two are making me want to get another Accord or Integra now and have me over here hunting the local interwebs lol. See what you have started? lol

I keep telling myself "Finish these two and then you can find another daily for the two of you or even one to build and flip for a much needed hubby wife vacation."
I started down this road replacing my wife's rusty GMC mini van (she bought for 420 bucks in Texas) with a "new to her" car, since she really didn't need to run the van empty all the time. The longer it (her Accord) got used without needing anything the more I thought about getting 1 for myself. I knew I wanted a stick though (don't get me wrong the AT works just fine even on road trips), but I prefer to shift for myself (been doing it most of my driving life anyway), so I looked around for a MT Accord on Craig's list. What I found was 97 LX sedan about 10 miles from the house in my price range (1300). Talked to the seller, and bought it. I did have to throw a little more money at it, but I did fix it and really haven't had to put a lot of money into since. The last purchased item was a cat back Brosal exhaust from Rock Auto last fall (rusted out). It's quite a bit quiet (more like stock) which is ok to me. A buddy spotted the 99 I bought, as the guy had it at the end of his driveway. My buddy told me where it was approximately (I normally go in the opposite direction so I didn't see it), and I went and looked at it, gave the guy a call and met the next day and bought it for 350. It was a 6th gen that I really wanted (I prefer the 6th gen body style), versus the 5th gen I had bought earlier in the year (a year ago at this time). It was a 4 cylinder 5 speed car which was a double bonus for me.
That's thing, you get a good one, and you want another. These cars have a lot of potential, and modifications can run the entire spectrum of mild to wild. It just depends on what you're wanting. Connie is a great anti-show car, but 1 that'll take you anywhere you want to go. They're also fun to drive, and don't beat you to death like a Civic does (my son owns 2 of them).
__________________
Bob 1997 Accord LX sedan w/ 5 speed F22b2 235K miles currently for sale
1999 Accord LX sedan w/ 5speed F23A1 LEV 232K miles
Sue's 2000 Accord LX sedan AT F23A1 LEV 235K miles

Last edited by Rusty Accord; 04-07-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3