Wheel Fitment Thread

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
This quote is from DIY on the gage cluster panel mod, and I was originally educating myself on this particular DIY. However, Richard’s comment (#2 Speedometer) caught my attention.
  ↓
  ↓
Taking pictures helps. Do this before taking your gauges apart

1) Tach= Drive your car around and let it warm up a bit. Make sure to remember at what RPM your car idles at.
2) Speedometer = This one is a *****.. I'll get back to it
3) Fuel= Empty your tank and remember where the lowest point is. Then fill your tank and also remember where the highest point is
4) Temp= let your car warm up and remember where it is

Put your gauges back together but not the front plastic

1) Tach= let your car warm up and gently put your needle in the right spot (never turn the needle, just put it on/take it off gently until you get it right)

2) Speedometer = PITA. What I did was late at night I got on the freeway and used the GPS/speedometer from my iphone. I drove for a few miles with cruise control and aimed for 70mph on the GPS. Once you are sure that you have been on the road for a long time Carefully place the needle on the dash (yes this is dangerous tricky to do when driving, make sure it's a straight part of the freeway and be careful). After this, change your speed (65mph, 75mph, 80mph) and see if the speed on your speedometer is equal to the speed on your GPS. This will take you some time to get right ( did it on two separate nights just to make sure).

3)Fuel= I found that the top of my fuel gauge was more accurate than the empty portion. I filled my gas tank and place the needle in the right spot
4) Temp = Warm your car up and then just place the needle in the right spot
Would this also be a good way to correct those speedometer differences with bigger / smaller tires than OEM's? I see why not tho.

Varnell

Reaction score
Alright, so I finally had time to adjust my Tein Street Basis Coilovers. My fronts are at the 2.8" maximum drop and I have about an inch left to drop in the rear, but I want the front lower, so they're good where they're at. In all four corners I have about a 1" gap from the tire to sitting flush and between .5-1" from tire to fender.

I have steelies on the front and MSR 029 18x7.5 +45 on the rear.

What I'm looking at after my upcoming five lug conversion:

Front:
18x7.5 +38mm
18x8.75 +35mm
18x8.75 +20mm

Rear:
18x8.75 +35mm
18x8.75 +20mm
18x10.25 +20mm

And I'm also looking for some feedback on my idea of using a bit higher profile tires in the rear to make the front sit a bit lower in comparison.

If I go 18x8.75 all around I was thinking 215/40 in the front and 215/45 in the rear. If you guys think I could fit the 18x10.25 I'm assuming 225/45 would be my best bet.

Last edited:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Scratch the 10.25 off the list. You wont get low enough to pull them off on those

Never put 45 series on a 18.. way to much tire.

18x8.25 +35 with 215/40 will sit pretty flush at your height

Varnell

Reaction score
Alright, thanks. You think I could pull those wheels off all round without rubbing?

And being about 3" dropped all around, would the 18x8.75 +20 be too aggressive?

Last edited:
Back