Cel still coming on after egr valve was cleaned

Reaction score
I ve seafoamed the intake and the light didnt come on for a while ...after about 40 miles of running the car the light came back on...autozone said the code was for the egr..ive taken it off several times to clean the passages way under the egr ..after the seafoam was done it looks clean but light still comes on . what else can i do? should i just buy another egr?

Reaction score
Ok heres a recap on my car's condition...so i tried the seafoam and all the good stuff and reset the cel light and code comes back...so being from Texas we have inspection here so i had to get the cel light to come off. I didn’t want to spend $120 for a egr valve cause they dont go bad they just get clogged up. so i deceide to take the top half of the intake off to clean out the passage way that the egr sits on top off.. and man was it cloggled bad...plus i had some oil in the intake...so i picked at the built up carbon and vacuumed out the hole to suck up the carbon and cleand the passage way out with a shot gun brush i used gasoline to clean it out too..cleaned the other half of the intake since it was off already. put it all back together...and the check engine light hasn’t been on since then...been about 5 days already and passed inspection ….Sorry for not having pics I don’t have a camera. If u guys have any questions feel free to ask ... 4cly..5 spd...254,000 miles..2dr ..as for the code i dont remember but it was for the egr..

Last edited:

b99

Reaction score
good job but could be better :slap:

:coffee:
service bulletin 99-085 EGR Port Clogging
EGR Valve Kit Part # 06175-P8C-A00
$66 http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Search.aspx
$53 http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...=06175-P8C-A00&vinnosrch=Enter+VIN+Number+---

the cel code??

if your an I4 ignore the post above :hide:

I recently got a CEL and the mechanic said it was the EGR valve. He said that it's clogged and that it would be about 250 to clean it out "and then see," does that sound reasonable?

redlinevtec

Reaction score
I recently got a CEL and the mechanic said it was the EGR valve. He said that it's clogged and that it would be about 250 to clean it out "and then see," does that sound reasonable?

Lmfao what a rip off! I'll clean your intake manifold, egr valve & passage ways, clean TB butterfly and your IACV for $250. Lol get a second opinion.

Back