Upcoming Mods?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Would like to install a painted Spy2 hood, swap to the CL-S dash, and turbocharge. But before that what it really needs is bodywork and a paint job. However these days I'm feeling more motivated to move on to a new (to me) car, so probably none of that will happen for a while.

I still do small stuff to it, but mostly just trying to keep it running and looking decent. One thing I do want to do is refresh the headlights, and maybe the fogs.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Would like to get a J32/35 & 6MT, bigger 'n lighter wheels, and light-weight front seats. But these days I am more inclined to save $ for being a possible father of a child, so proly none of that'll happen for a while. :p

But realistically, getting a new set of retro LED and/or HID headlights would be my next thing.

capsidx

Reaction score
Would like to get a J32/35 & 6MT, bigger 'n lighter wheels, and light-weight front seats. But these days I am more inclined to save $ for being a possible father of a child, so proly none of that'll happen for a while. :p

But realistically, getting a new set of retro LED and/or HID headlights would be my next thing.

I too became a father and realized kids arent that expensive. You better burn the money now while all they need is formula and diapers because it starts getting pricey when theyre almost a year lol. I thought you already had the 6mt swap but I would love to do that instead my second h23 swap. Its still cheaper to do the H23 swap over the v6 6mt because of the cost of the trans for that swap. J 32 and j30 are dirt cheap, especially around me. The CL/TL 6mt is not.

Would like to install a painted Spy2 hood, swap to the CL-S dash, and turbocharge. But before that what it really needs is bodywork and a paint job. However these days I'm feeling more motivated to move on to a new (to me) car, so probably none of that will happen for a while.

I still do small stuff to it, but mostly just trying to keep it running and looking decent. One thing I do want to do is refresh the headlights, and maybe the fogs.

The body looked great on your CG, What could possibly be wrong with it lol. Where I live rust is a huge problem so I really cant wait to get to florida in the next few months.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe new rims and a slight lowering is about it. I'd still like to finish rebuilding the front end by swapping out the LCA's on it.
But then I do have a 2nd Accord here that needs an infusion of money thrown at it. It'll probably get an entire front end rebuild.

As far as kids and money, they'll help keep you broke until they move out. Then they'll take your garage space for their own projects. At least that's what happened to me.:henry: Worse part is my son will start on something, then leave it for a week while I'm trying to work on something else.:banghead:
I can't blame him, but him and his wife did buy a house with no garage.:facepalm: Doesn't help that he has 2 projects going on, and needs to keep his daily running.

capsidx

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe new rims and a slight lowering is about it. I'd still like to finish rebuilding the front end by swapping out the LCA's on it.
But then I do have a 2nd Accord here that needs an infusion of money thrown at it. It'll probably get an entire front end rebuild.

As far as kids and money, they'll help keep you broke until they move out. Then they'll take your garage space for their own projects. At least that's what happened to me.:henry: Worse part is my son will start on something, then leave it for a week while I'm trying to work on something else.:banghead:
I can't blame him, but him and his wife did buy a house with no garage.:facepalm: Doesn't help that he has 2 projects going on, and needs to keep his daily running.

Wish I could do that lol. My parents cant have me working on my car in their garage because of the lease. I try to finish projects as quick as I can because if a project is ongoing for months I notice parts start to get lost, bolts go in the wrong places because youve been away for so long you forgot lol. LCA replacements are fun. I need a ball joint fork and sledge to separate mine. Not fun. You live in an area with lots of salt no?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Wish I could do that lol. My parents cant have me working on my car in their garage because of the lease. I try to finish projects as quick as I can because if a project is ongoing for months I notice parts start to get lost, bolts go in the wrong places because youve been away for so long you forgot lol. LCA replacements are fun. I need a ball joint fork and sledge to separate mine. Not fun. You live in an area with lots of salt no?

Yup, I live in a salt state. But then we've been here 29 years now, so it's paid off. 5.5 acres of "prime" Michigan swamp land.:henry: At least after the snow melt it is.
As for "long term" projects, I like to bag and label and box stuff, otherwise I forget where things went. Put in a 10 by 10 shed just for doing the 80 TA Pace Car project. Seems to have helped some. Digital camera helps the brain refresh too. ;)

capsidx

Reaction score
Yup, I live in a salt state. But then we've been here 29 years now, so it's paid off. 5.5 acres of "prime" Michigan swamp land.:henry: At least after the snow melt it is.
As for "long term" projects, I like to bag and label and box stuff, otherwise I forget where things went. Put in a 10 by 10 shed just for doing the 80 TA Pace Car project. Seems to have helped some. Digital camera helps the brain refresh too. ;)

I always end up losing or breaking whatever I took the pictures with. My new years resolution was to do things right when working on the car. Im the kind of guy who takes 5 bolts off, puts 4 on and wonder why my car my motor fell backwards and I ran it over. Oh thats what that long bolt was for, the rear mount. :Boo: lol. Thank god that never happened but I have a huge collection of parts for the CG. Im not sure if most of those were supposed to go on the original engine or if they were extras I got from the yard over the years. The dream is to have all the bolts back on the car when I take them off lol.

Back