Horrible Gas Mileage

cajun

Reaction score
for the people that get 400+ miles per tank... I have some questions:

1. Is this on a consistent base ?
2. Describe your commute to work, school, ect. (how far away, how much freeway driving?)
3. Are you topping your gas tank at fill up ?

1. Yes, but I always calc my mpg's using the trip odo. "Miles per tank" is not accurate.
2. My commute is 11 miles each way, mostly hwy. I mix in some city driving at lunch and on weekends, so it's roughly 50/50.
3. No.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I regularly get 400-450 during the summer and at least 380 in the winter.

I drive almost 100 percent city and when I do go on the highway, its in heavy traffic. Its all about how you drive your car, my car has 172,000 miles and is still running like a champ.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
once my gas light comes on, i have around 310ish and i have 138k on my car. I've replaced everything except for my 2 o2 sensors.. NGK plugs, NGK wires, AC delco cap and rotor, K&N flat drop in filter.

Also, i live in new orleans.. The weather down here is always for the most part muggy and hot, so that probably contributes to my low mileage.

If i run my tank down to E, i can probably make 360ish.

dtraill27

Reaction score
ive got a v6 auto. need to change spark plugs and air filter. when i drive its usually about 75/25 highway/city. highways around 80mph. when i drive i dont push too hard up to 3k rpms before it shifts. occasional gun it. i keep track of my mpgs after each fill up. im using wawa gas which is cheap i should go somewhere else.

im getting like 23.9 for the most part so basically 24 mpg 330ish per tank. i usually fill up at about 300 so right around 1/4 tank left

Fuzz

Reaction score
Look under the car for leaks LOL.

Seriously. A buddy of mine was getting crappy milage... Was a hole in the gas tank in the side... would only leak when the fuel sloshed around in the tank.

BoyBlue

Reaction score
I never took my tank past 1/4 a tank but judging on the miles at 1/4 a tank I ouls say I'm getting 400 per tank also on my I4 ULEV manual. most of the time i just fill up at 1/2 tank. i usualy shift around 2500 RPM but I have kind of a lead foot. I seen a little better MPG after new plugs (I just used the stock NGK's) but nothing major.

Back