Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's '02 CG2 EX-L

I was just down in grand mound this summer with the fam we hit up great wolf lodge good times. Pm me if u head up here im close to the border we can go grab a coffee and talk cars.

My family was going to go to great wolf lodge this year. Pretty fun place! I've never officially been into Canada but I would certainly love to go. My friends really want to take a trip because the drinking age is 19 and funny enough I turn 19 tomorrow. I doubt I would be taking the Accord into Canada but my mechanic is located in Bellingham so sometimes I'll have my car fairly close to you. Sometime this year it might be up there for paint so we can get some TL sideskirt pics together haha

604ACCORD

Reaction score

My family was going to go to great wolf lodge this year. Pretty fun place! I've never officially been into Canada but I would certainly love to go. My friends really want to take a trip because the drinking age is 19 and funny enough I turn 19 tomorrow. I doubt I would be taking the Accord into Canada but my mechanic is located in Bellingham so sometimes I'll have my car fairly close to you. Sometime this year it might be up there for paint so we can get some TL sideskirt pics together haha

Let me know man I'm like 30 mins away from peace arch oh ya happy birthday bro!!!
All 3 of us should organize a meet up I don't mind jumpin over the boarder on your guys side to meet maybe do a photo shoot and go for a cruise or something.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I was just down in grand mound this summer with the fam we hit up great wolf lodge good times. Pm me if u head up here im close to the border we can go grab a coffee and talk cars.

Let me know man I'm like 30 mins away from peace arch oh ya happy birthday bro!!!
All 3 of us should organize a meet up I don't mind jumpin over the boarder on your guys side to meet maybe do a photo shoot and go for a cruise or something.
Great Wolf eh. Didn't know there was such a place till now haha. Tbh, thought it was your auto-corrected wordings, lol.

Oh, happy late birthday, buddy. :cheers: (in :canada:) Saw your V6 FS thread btw; interested in passenger side's hood damper & an intake box, so I might inquire you about that.

It'll be sweet if we can meet up. I might be able to invite another member WizadofOz if possible. Bellingham sounds good, too. Love driving by Chuckanut Drive. :driving:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Noticed some squeaking noise, coming from my front suspension, and found out that my tie rod boot was torn.

IMAG5283_zpszm3tovjn.jpg

Had the boot replaced with the brand new piece. It's not from Honda, and it's EMPI. Never heard it before, and I liked going w/ the OEM's in terms of its quality, but I ended up w/ this since the shop highly recommended. Will see how it is.
IMAG5320_zpsnobznmp0.jpg

http://www.empius.com/acatalog/aboutempi.html
Well, 30 years of their business should prove it's quality, and they know what they're doing, I suppose.

Squeak gone?

^ Oh, forgot to mention that.

Well, the noise is still there...

It used to be constant but, for some reasons, it stopped right before dropping it off at the shop for the service lol. He replaced the damaged boot, and I test drove it afterwards w/ him, but the noise was gone at that time.

It's happening off and on as of now, so I need to stop by at the shop when it's doing it. My car has a casual attitude sometimes haha.
Took a little while to figure this out, since the squeaking noise wasn't constant, as I turn my wheels or when going over a bump.

Thought it was still coming from the new tie rod boot, shown above, but it wasn't..

It turned out to be that the ball joint was squeaking (SPC's w/ an OEM boot.)
IMAG5036_zpsyqy9lc6g.jpg

Had the SPC's original boot kept w/ me as a back up, so the shop switched it over with that 'n added more grease into it. The noise is completely gone now, but I need to keep an eye on it for a while, since it could be from the joint assembly. Hopefully, I won't need to change out the actual joint itself tho. So, the ball joint's boot is back to SPC's original like this. We'll see how well it's gonna hold up.
IMAG4786_zpsd735d8e2.jpg

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Finally had the Powertrix LCAs installed completely. (Black stein is the anti-seize.)
The piece in blue is the Wicked Tuning upper control arm, which seems to be holding strong, as opposed to the right side.
IMAG4850_zps1a832a2c.jpg

I can finally drive straight!

IMAG4858_zps919febb0.jpg

It was waaay off. (Of course, it was b/c six of the suspension components were replaced.) It's sooo much easier to drive now.
IMAG4867_zps1355534c.jpg

So far, driving w/ Powertrix rear LCAs for about a week. Kevin (Sleeper Cell) said that the LCAs might make the ride feeling a bit stiffer, but it's not like I can't tolerate it, and it's hardly noticeable. More or less, I'm happy that I don't need to worry about my rear tires being toed-in anymore. :)
It has been almost 2 years since the last time I had the wheel alignment w/ the initial installation of my Powertrix rear LCAs.

Have been really interested in the results of my rear toe, after running with the Powertrix, and here are the spec results after almost 2 yrs of abuse on the road:

Set to -1.5° camber all around
Green = Good
Orange = Bad

Jan. 2015 Alignment Results:
Front Left Camber -1.50° (Ingalls)
Front Right Camber -1.51° -- SPC ball joint initially on
Rear Left Camber -1.53° (W.Tuning)
Rear Right Camber -1.49° -- SPC UCA initially on

Front Left Toe -1.9 mm (bad oem tie rod)
Front Right Toe 3.2 mm (bad oem tie rod)
Rear Left Toe 2.0 mm -- Powertrix LCA initially on
Rear Right Toe 2.0 mm -- Powertrix LCA initially on

Spec after 1.9 years of driving until yesterday..
Front Left Camber -1.50° became -1.57°
Front Right Camber -1.51° became -1.65°
Rear Left Camber -1.53° became -1.79°
Rear Right Camber -1.49° became -1.64°

Front Left Toe -1.9 mm became -3.9 mm
Front Right Toe 3.2 mm became 15.3 mm
Rear Left Toe 2.0 mm became 0.8 mm**
Rear Right Toe 2.0 mm became -1.1 mm**
 ↑
( ** As you can see my rear toe, both sides remained closed to neutral. Thanks to Powertrix, It's been officially confirmed that it works, b/c I used to get -8 mm to -12 mm rear toe-in w/ stock LCAs! :thumbsup:

Sept. 2016 Alignment Results as of now:
Front Left Camber -1.57° set to -1.51°
Front Right Camber -1.65° set to -1.54°
Rear Left Camber -1.79° set to -1.55°
Rear Right Camber -1.64° set to -1.52°
Front Left Toe -3.9 mm set to 0.6 mm -- new OEM tie rod initially on
Front Right Toe 15.3 mm set to 0.6 mm -- new OEM tie rod initially on
Rear Left Toe 0.8 mm set to 2.1 mm
Rear Right Toe -1.1 mm set to 2.2 mm

To me, it's a miracle to see the Powertrix giving me 0.8 mm of toe-out on my rear left, b/c I've never seeing this car's rear-toe coming outwards before. We'll see how good the spec will be this time. With my new front tie rods now, I'll be extremely happy, if my rear-toe will be kept good within +/- 0.5 mm off range from now on until next time.

Updated OP w/ a few photos taken by WizadofOz at the photoshoot session. Thanks again for the pics, buddy!

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Great Wolf eh. Didn't know there was such a place till now haha. Tbh, thought it was your auto-corrected wordings, lol.

Oh, happy late birthday, buddy. :cheers: (in :canada:) Saw your V6 FS thread btw; interested in passenger side's hood damper & an intake box, so I might inquire you about that.

It'll be sweet if we can meet up. I might be able to invite another member WizadofOz if possible. Bellingham sounds good, too. Love driving by Chuckanut Drive. :driving:

Wednesday or Thursday I'm free all day and sunday works too but I have to work at 5pm so it would have to be in the am.

604ACCORD

Reaction score

My accord is off the road as of nov 1st until end of February so if you guys wanna meet this year its gotta be soon.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Wednesday or Thursday I'm free all day and sunday works too but I have to work at 5pm so it would have to be in the am.
Either Thursday or Friday usually works for me, but I'm already booked for this wk's & the following wk's, too.. The 5th wk still works for me, so I'm only available on the 29th / 30th this month..

My accord is off the road as of nov 1st until end of February so if you guys wanna meet this year its gotta be soon.
:ohsnap: We should make it happen asap, before the lovely dark season comes into the PNW

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ Haha I might just go out on my own to the place and photoshoot, even if there's no one comes in, b/c I got the day off for this haha. We'll see. :burnout:

Back