H22 donor car?

sbanitt13

Reaction score
So my coupe has an f23 in it, I've been thinking about building a g23 once i start my build.
I'm aware that I'll need an h22 head and crank, I'm just wondering what cars have them? Like a prelude? Or maybe a civic?

I appreciate any input :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

sbanitt13

Reaction score
Also, is there a certain type of manual transmission i need to look for? Or just any manual tranny from a car with an h22, f23, or h23?
If anyone has any experience building/regearing these trannys, let me know!

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I do not want to come off as rude, but I want you to be informed. A lot of that information can be obtained with a simple search. A G23 build is going to be very difficult if you are unable to search for information and go out on your own to figure things out. An h22 engine can be found in preludes. H and F series transmissions are interchange f series has longer gears and H series have shorter gears. Good luck with the build

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
No point getting a whole donor car with the few things you'll actually take from it. In the USA only preludes came with the h22, which you only need the head and I think a few things on the block, no h22 block internals though. Don't attempt to use an h22 crank in your f23. Use any F or H series transmission, H recommended for its gearing. This swap needs to be done right with no corners cut so you don't ruin the reliability. I found it easier to simply swap the entire engine

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

sbanitt13

Reaction score
I do not want to come off as rude, but I want you to be informed. A lot of that information can be obtained with a simple search. A G23 build is going to be very difficult if you are unable to search for information and go out on your own to figure things out. An h22 engine can be found in preludes. H and F series transmissions are interchange f series has longer gears and H series have shorter gears. Good luck with the build
Point taken, i will search first, ask questions later in the future

sbanitt13

Reaction score
No point getting a whole donor car with the few things you'll actually take from it. In the USA only preludes came with the h22, which you only need the head and I think a few things on the block, no h22 block internals though. Don't attempt to use an h22 crank in your f23. Use any F or H series transmission, H recommended for its gearing. This swap needs to be done right with no corners cut so you don't ruin the reliability. I found it easier to simply swap the entire engine

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
It may have been just the crank timing cog from it so the belt will line up, but i know the teeth won't line up for the f timing cog to the h cam gears from what I've read.

I realize it'd be easier just to swap in a whole h22 but i want to build a g23

Ocho

Reaction score
G23 is easy. I built one myself. Building another one now.
I haven't had an accord for a few years but just got another one to tow my ep3.
Get h22 head and buy some hex head plugs from oriellys big enough to tap 2 oil train holes on the cam gear side, use hondabond or loctite to ensure a seal. find an h22 water pump and use a gear puller to pull the water pump gear off and do the same for the f23 water pump. then get the h22 water pump gear pressed on the f23 water pump. Get an h22 crank pulley or h23 crank pulley/cog and install that. Then you use an h22 timing belt and tensioner. also an h22 head gasket. find a water pipe of 90-93 accord and slap it together. done. Then the engine harness is up to you...you can swap to and obd1, wire up a resistor box for injectors, and a obd2x (whatever your accord is) to obd1 jumper for a p28 ecu for hondata or an h22a ecu. or just find an obd2 prelude ecu and harness for a manual. Im going to keep my accord auto so its going to take some thinking to add the prelude's TCU (trans control unit) to the ecu since our accords TCU is built in to our ECU. Its not hard. Good Luck!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Can't you run high impedance injectors (no resistor) on a low impedance system?

I've gone the other way before. Just make sure they are close to the flow rate you want, and tune with fuel pressure.

Back