H23A swap questions

Jordan_H

Reaction score
This may seem a little weird but I would like to keep my car obd2 unless somebody can sway me into switching to obd1. My question is with this swap how can I stay obd2? Use an h22a4 distrubutor, 96 prelude ecu (this one doesn't have the immobilizer like 97 and up) but is there anything else like perhaps intake manifold? Or should I just get a p28 with a basemap and the obd1 jumper harness? Now that I have turned 18 today I can transfer the title into my name and I'm trying to register it somewhere that doesn't require emissions but if that doesn't work out then I will need to pass or pay the $150 waiver.

Also for this thread I think it should be dedicated to any questions regarding the h23a swap because it isn't very common and hasn't been well documented so I want it to help as many people as possible. Thanks

RawCarnage

Reaction score
I believe if its obd2 and doesnt have a check engine light. You should be fine.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
If you do decide to stay obd2 and use the h23, would you be able to put together a parts list/DIY? I'm actually looking to do the same swap as well.

Not a problem. I'm not sure how long it is until I do swap but I would obviously like it to be soon lol. If you somehow start this swap before me I'll try and share any info with you that should be of any help.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Not a problem. I'm not sure how long it is until I do swap but I would obviously like it to be soon lol. If you somehow start this swap before me I'll try and share any info with you that should be of any help.

Thanks man. It might be a while for me. I'm debating on getting on getting a little project car on the side...news to follow once all the paper work is done.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I actually have an h22a4 now. I'm not staying obd2. Sorry guys. I'll leave the thread open hoping more people will share information to help others.

RawCarnage

Reaction score
how will you pass emissions? i was thinking of doing a swap, but i have no idea how to pass if im not obd2 lol.

Back