Accord Build

AccordF23a1

Reaction score
Okay so the 6th gen accord is the heaviest one they ever made, im currently building up the f23a1 with bisimoto cams, k20 type s pistons and etc. But what am i supposed to do with this boat of a body ??!! :banghead: . I mean i cant get any weight saving products like control arms, subframe and etc. The lack of aftermarket parts for 6th gen accords is just ridiculous. No matter how much power I add to the f23 im not getting nowhere with a heavy body. Somebody please give me any suggestions :boohoo:

ps - im not trying to strip out my interior and freeze , i live in toronto

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You could swap for lightweight wheels, seats, etc. Or remove anything under the hood you don't use.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
uEtdDTP.png

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
they've actually gradually increased in weight since the 6th gen, so no, it's not the heaviest ever made. and to be honest, you're not going to get much power keeping it n/a, your best bet is to turbo it, that'd also be the best bang for your buck as well.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I literally shaved off 45 lbs by scraping the sound deadening and seam sealer off mine, everywhere on the car except for the front two seat areas. I also removed a slew of other items, seat belts, rear seats, brackets, liners, bezels. It all added up to ~250lb weight reduction. That's one less fatty to carry along! Carbon fiber hood, and lightweight wheels are recommended after this. And of course.. Turbo ;)

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Its not really that heavy given its class. Roughly 3200lbs comes in lighter than most sports coupes and sedans. We are still lighter than the mk4 supra, 300zx, EVO, STI, etc. Granted those have higher HP ratings but for a family sedan that's pretty good. If you can get into the +300hp range you would be sitting pretty.

Our problem is weight distribution is garbage, somewhere in the range of 65/35 which makes it feel heavy, especially in the turns. 4cyl is probably better, not by much though guessing 60/40 or so.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Add more power to make up for the weight

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Back