Contest #5 - Hometown

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA's Fifth Official Photography Contest.
Please read the following post in it's entirety as in contains all the information you will need regarding this contest. By submitting a photograph you agree to all of the following.​

TOPIC: Hometown

This is a pretty open topic so be creative. The picture must be directly/indirectly related to your hometown or where you are living. This is your chance to showcase where you live or all those fall pics that I know people are taking this time of year!

RULES OF THE CONTEST:

* Your photograph cannot exceed 800 pixels in either height or width.
* Signatures, name, initials & watermarks are NOT allowed on your photograph. It will be disqualified.
* You cannot discuss your photograph in this thread.
* You may only enter one photograph. So be certain the one you submit is the one you want.(Changed Read Below)
*The picture needs to be recent meaning taken at least within the last 6 months. I really want everyone to go out and shoot new stuff for the contest but am being lenient! Make sure you don't delete your Exif info that will have a date stamp in it. I will only except entries that have intact file information(meaning don't "Save for web" use "Save As" after you are done editing)
* Post processing will be allowed. Remember though post processing does not always help.

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOGRAPH:

1. Email your photograph to: [email protected]
2. Put in the subject line: 6GA Photo contest '08 - Hometown
3. Be sure to include your 6thgenaccord.com user name in the email. If you do not provide your user name your entry will be rejected.

THE DEADLINE:
Your entry MUST be received by the end of Friday December 5th, 2008. Any entry dated after December 5th will be rejected.

THE VOTING:
Voting will begin December 6th, 2008
Voting will end December 9th, 2008

If you have ANY questions regarding this contest please post in this thread.

Last edited:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA's Fifth Official Photography Contest.
Please read the following post in it's entirety as in contains all the information you will need regarding this contest. By submitting a photograph you agree to all of the following.​

TOPIC: Hometown

This is a pretty open topic so be creative. The picture must be directly/indirectly related to your hometown or where you are living. This is your chance to showcase where you live or all those fall pics that I know people are taking this time of year!

RULES OF THE CONTEST:

* Your photograph cannot exceed 800 pixels in either height or width.
* Signatures, name, initials & watermarks are NOT allowed on your photograph. It will be disqualified.
* You cannot discuss your photograph in this thread.
* You may only enter one photograph. So be certain the one you submit is the one you want.
*The picture needs to be recent meaning taken at least within the last 6 months. I really want everyone to go out and shoot new stuff for the contest but am being lenient! Make sure you don't delete your Exif info that will have a date stamp in it. I will only except entries that have intact file information(meaning don't "Save for web" use "Save As" after you are done editing)
* Post processing will be allowed. Remember though post processing does not always help.

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOGRAPH:

1. Email your photograph to: [email protected]
2. Put in the subject line: 6GA Photo contest '08 - Hometown
3. Be sure to include your 6thgenaccord.com user name in the email. If you do not provide your user name your entry will be rejected.

THE DEADLINE:
Your entry MUST be received by the end of Friday December 5th, 2008. Any entry dated after December 5th will be rejected.

THE VOTING:
Voting will begin December 6th, 2008
Voting will end December 9th, 2008

If you have ANY questions regarding this contest please post in this thread.

:coffee: guess you didn't read the whole post huh lemon??

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i guess i really don't care if you have 2 good photos...it's a competition and you'd have more chance to win but since it's not really serious and theres no real prize...if you have 2 good pics that aren't like the same exact subject from 2 diff angles...i could care less...if they are similar like of a same "set" you need to choose one...

just since we don't have alot of participation...and i get hardly 1 pic from people...i kinda doubt anyone will actually take advantage of this anyway....

im more concerned about getting recent photos and not your "one lucky shot" from 5 years ago.....to get people out shooting new things

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i guess i really don't care if you have 2 good photos...it's a competition and you'd have more chance to win but since it's not really serious and theres no real prize...if you have 2 good pics that aren't like the same exact subject from 2 diff angles...i could care less...if they are similar like of a same "set" you need to choose one...

just since we don't have alot of participation...and i get hardly 1 pic from people...i kinda doubt anyone will actually take advantage of this anyway....

im more concerned about getting recent photos and not your "one lucky shot" from 5 years ago.....to get people out shooting new things

likeawp

Reaction score
is this exclusively for DSLR cameras only?......or can the lower-end cameras participate too? :D.............and the setting can be both day and night??

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yes any camera can compete! in fact for landscapes alot of P&S have more depth of field than DSLR so watch out DSLR guys!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
couple of ideas brewing :coffee:

we just need a good (aka...not raining, snowing, windy, sleeting, hailing) day...one of these days. i hope i can do what i want legally :thinking:

not like getting arrested :slap: but like being asked to leave...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^ that's "discussing your photograph" noob!!!

:slap:

I call for Ryan's exemption from this contest!!! :chucklesfawk:

:lawl: jk RyRy.

Back