DRL with HID kit?

dynasty

Reaction score
i have a '09 CRV that has H4 bulbs (not 9006/9005). it has DRL which it comes with it but i'm wondering if it'll still work with an aftermarket HID kit (recommended DDM kit)?

i could test it out from my little sister's Camry but it'll be a ***** to rewire the lights again.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
They will work if you leave the high beams and just put hids in the low beams.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I dont think it will work unless you leave the headlights on all the time.

The 03+ Corollas have this problem. They use their lowbeams as a daytime running light at low wattage. My friend has one, and he had to cut a wire somewhere in teh car to turn that effect off. If he didnt, the headlights would just just act like a strobe light.

Correct me if im wrong, an H4 bulb is a Low/high beam in one right?

dynasty

Reaction score
I dont think it will work unless you leave the headlights on all the time.

The 03+ Corollas have this problem. They use their lowbeams as a daytime running light at low wattage. My friend has one, and he had to cut a wire somewhere in teh car to turn that effect off. If he didnt, the headlights would just just act like a strobe light.

Correct me if im wrong, an H4 bulb is a Low/high beam in one right?

yes. H4 is a low AND high beam in one bulb. so i guess it's not going to work?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
it runs off of the H4 bulb..

Hmm well i googled how to disable the DRL on an 07 CRV and I found CRV forum and I came up with this...

It's fuse #37 (7.5amp), the last on the panel under the steering wheel. It's the highest to the right (but not the little relay). And man, are those stupid fuses tiny; had a hard time pulling it out. Oh, and the fuse puller in under the lid of the engine fuse compartment. Remove it, turn it upside down, and it'll be there, along with spare fuses. I did this the moment I got home with the car; HATE DRLs. And no, it doesn't affect anything else. I'm glad Honda didn't put a stupid light like GM did on my GTO; no DRLs either, but the stupid green light remains. Take care.
JC

dynasty

Reaction score
do you know what would happen if the DRL "is" on while HID is off? i also searched it but found nothing.

Back