Ok, started my led project, here are some pics

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, so it was really only ten min of work or so. So how did it turn out. Pretty good.
Blanket over the dash pic...

fueltemprn9.jpg

There is some bleeding from the blue, and the coolant could be brighter. But it's 90 degrees at 3pm in cali so i'll wait until nightime to deal with that. Oh, and then needles are way off, i know, i'm not done.

EDIT-For some reason in the pic, it looks way more blue, Some of it is bleeding some is just my camera. It is very white.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i wouldnt suggest sanding. even tho youve successfully done it, i would still much rather use nail polish remover, as it works just fine on its own. a guy on v6p just used nail polish remover and his are good. looks sweet tho.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
i wouldnt suggest sanding. even tho youve successfully done it, i would still much rather use nail polish remover, as it works just fine on its own. a guy on v6p just used nail polish remover and his are good. looks sweet tho.
I've done it before, it's fine. And it takes so much less time. The only reason i screwed up on the first part (the fan knob), is because i thought it was made the same as the guages. I'm using 1500 grit. It's hard to do any damage if the plastic has any thickness.

ktz_04

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
Ok, so it was really only ten min of work or so. So how did it turn out. Pretty good.
Blanket over the dash pic...

fueltemprn9.jpg

There is some bleeding from the blue, and the coolant could be brighter. But it's 90 degrees at 3pm in cali so i'll wait until nightime to deal with that. Oh, and then needles are way off, i know, i'm not done.

EDIT-For some reason in the pic, it looks way more blue, Some of it is bleeding some is just my camera. It is very white.

off topic: sorry
ive noticed that your temp is all the way up 2. i got the same problem.. have you figured it out??? wats the problem??? did you change your cluster??? that only happen to me when i changed my cluster..

shavedaccord

Reaction score
ktz_04 said:
ive noticed that your temp is all the way up 2. i got the same problem.. have you figured it out??? wats the problem??? did you change your cluster??? that only happen to me when i changed my cluster..
If you removed your needles then it's probably because you didn't put them back in the correct spot.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
ktz_04 said:
Um, i just put the needles on to test the light. I just put it on randomly. It was just lazyness. It's not really like that.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
that looks nice man, i think when i do mine, im just gonna settle for the blueish look. howd you get the that white out off? also, i have good news. ive figured out how to do that polarized film stuff. and as soon as i get some, im gonna write up a DIY. its really easy to do, you just have to be gental.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
that looks nice man, i think when i do mine, im just gonna settle for the blueish look. howd you get the that white out off? also, i have good news. ive figured out how to do that polarized film stuff. and as soon as i get some, im gonna write up a DIY. its really easy to do, you just have to be gental.
hurry up boi!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, i finished the gauges. I should have some pics up tonight, i'm going to study and wait till it gets dark. Then i want to dry to work with the actual lighting.

Back