Bad Starter??/

01AccordCoupeEx

Reaction score
I not sure what is wrong with my accord. Im thinking its the starter and thats what my brothers says also. But i just wanted to ask my fellow accordians. On some days when i start the car it would just go click click click. i would try again and it would go click click. so i would take out the key then try again and then it would start. Would this mean the starter is going bad or is it something else???

Any help on what you think it is would be appricated

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea it sounds like it or else its not receiving enough power to start up. u can try to hammer it and start it at the same time to test it.

st3b0

Reaction score
i have this same problem sometimes! it seems to only happen after i turn my car on, then off suddenly. and i'll try to start my car again, and it will just click. after a couple hours, it will start normally.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
possibly a weak battery, check the voltage on it

nope.. if u have a weak battery, it'll crank slowly..

if the starter is bad, it'll click when u turn the key

btw, u will find that there are 2 types of starters available for the I4 accords... either one is fine

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
nope.. if u have a weak battery, it'll crank slowly..

if the starter is bad, it'll click when u turn the key

btw, u will find that there are 2 types of starters available for the I4 accords... either one is fine

thats weired, when my dads battery took a dump on him, and he tried to start his odyssey the starter clicked.

Back